Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Why is it so hard???

Why is it so hard for someone to HAVE the CORRECT listing for parts in there computers?I ordered a clutch cable last friday.Said it would be here today. ok. So I order a Clutch cable for an 84 GL wagon. I got this cable that is about a foot longer,has some grometts for passing through the firewall, and and a connecting piece at one end to attach to the clutch pedal.Thats AN EA82 fricken clutch cable.Called the dealership about it.It seems the person for inputing all the information messed up and put in that an EA82 body style and engine starts in 84. WTH? Didint it start in 85 with quad headlights, then in 86 it went to the composite housing. So how is it off by a year?So I asked them to look up for an 83 then.Different part number, well no sh**. There were gonna get it here by possibly friday or next monday. I told them for the wait I might as well go online and get the stupid thing.See if they can overnight it or something or I am going somewhere else.The found one in spokane that will be here tomarrow morning. I sort of expect that sorta crap from schucks or autozone or the like but not from a damn subaru dealership.If it wasnt scewed up it would have here last saterday...GRRR, not the day that I was planning on going wheeling...

That I dont really like educating a subaru parts guy on the fundamental differences between an EA81 and an EA82.Important things like how the valves are moved in each engine and when they changed over etc...

Edited by Uberoo

lol. agreed. try getting exhaust manifold gaskets for an ea82 you'll end up with the muffler gaskets, then the donuts for the cat then.... MAYBE after a week of agueing with the dumb*** behind the counter you might get them.

just ordered some timing belts. im gunna be pissed if i pull my motor apart and realize at the last minute they're the wrong ones...

o the joys of owning a suby!!:lol:

Done that dance at a certain Subaru dealer located on the Kitsap Peninsula. A lot of going back and forth on something not being the "right" part for my car, but that's what I wanted, etc.

The counter person makes a world of difference, the guy at Canyon in Twin Falls is pretty well on it. The only thing that upset me was that they only had one exhaust gasket in stock :-\

In the spokane/Coeur d'Alene and surrounding areas, you should call appleway subaru in the spokane valley for any dealer only part that you may need. I have never had a problem getting anything from gaskets, rings, bearings (engine and trans), pistons, etc. Their parts department is top notch! North idaho import parts is also a great resource in coeur d'Alene, they stock many factory parts (exhaust gskts, cam orings, head gaskets, oil pump kits, etc.)

Napa is ok for some things, but their gaskets are not anything to write home about (for ea-81 and ea-82 anyway.... paper.... not good!!!!).

Scott