Ultimate Subaru Message Board

85 BRAT ea81 new stuff new clutch

This will be my first post since getting banned.

Last night I got home from work and finished bolting up the starter and exhaust from my recent engine pull and clutch replacement, along with a bunch of other new things:

the list of new things:

new oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, valve cover grommits, rear main seal, rear o ring seal to the flywheel off crank, resurfaced flywheel, new clutch disc and pressure plate, new pilot bearing new throwout bearing, oil pump reseal kit, new spark plugs, new plug wires.

everything torqued to spec. I also blocked off the EGR valve with a metal plate, and installed new gasket to block for EGR. Also installed new hoses to the heater core. Clutch fork removed, cleaned inspected, regreased.

Hill holder works, and no leaks. took it for a few spins around town to check and double check, then headed off for a 30 mile round trip drive. No leaks.

PS, system admin, the Board system time is off 11 minutes.

I have to get back to my post count off 1000 again. Hope everyone was well. I will add part numbers for everything tonight when i get home so others can do the same if needed.

Edited by bheinen74

Awesome! And even better that it passed the leak test... :banana:

If its not too much to ask, could you let me know where you sourced the items I quoted below... I plan on doing this to my 84 GL wagon.... Thanks a bunch!

...new oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, valve cover grommits, rear main seal, rear o ring seal to the flywheel off crank,... new clutch disc and pressure plate, new pilot bearing new throwout bearing, oil pump reseal kit,...

Auburn Subaru

O-ring (orange seal) 413967100

Oil pump gasket set x2421AA000

Valve cover gskt ? 412607000 ?

Valver cover washer grommits 812764110

Rock Auto

Plug wire set 15 09070

Rear main bearing seal 94 0523199

Oil pan gasket 94 034-0692

Clutch kit 94 0619131