Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Iowa Campout June 5-7, 2009

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope you can make it with my bumper. and for anyone else, there will be extra space at the campsites for those who did not get to reserve a spot. my tent is small, the brat is small, and there is lots extra space i have been to ledges before. dont think the park ranger will care either

here is a list of parts I have if any one needs them.

all ea81 brat stuff

factory alt (I upgraded)

hit carb worked fine when I pulled it off stick once in a while but other then that no complaints

air cleaner box w/ filter

stock rear dif

radiator

I will be bring the front skid plate and bumper for those who asked for it.

It looks like my spare pug is called for:rolleyes: Oh well I hope I dont get a flat on the way up there or back.

bheinen74

I might want a spare ea81.. not realy sure yet.

lets talk about that at the campout. It will be cheap, but I am not sure whether it really needs rebuilt or not. It smoked some, but seemed to have pretty good road driveability and didnt smoke on the highway. and the oil was not low after the 65 mile drive, so i will talk about. Its still in the car now. just started it the other day.

here is a list of parts I have if any one needs them.

all ea81 brat stuff

factory alt (I upgraded)

hit carb worked fine when I pulled it off stick once in a while but other then that no complaints

air cleaner box w/ filter

stock rear dif

radiator

I will be bring the front skid plate and bumper for those who asked for it.

It looks like my spare pug is called for:rolleyes: Oh well I hope I dont get a flat on the way up there or back.

Just talked to Ben, the spare 5th Pug he is willing to let you have the dibs on the extra. PM me and we can discuss pricing.

your a big boy mick so you make your own decisions. But if i were you i wouldnt be takeing the red brat. Just got done with a major overhaul and your rushing it. I duno take the blue brat, we dont need to go offroading, or you could ride with someone else. Just a thought. The blue brat sure could use some road time.

Ben

your a big boy mick so you make your own decisions. But if i were you i wouldnt be takeing the red brat. Just got done with a major overhaul and your rushing it. I duno take the blue brat, we dont need to go offroading, or you could ride with someone else. Just a thought. The blue brat sure could use some road time.

Ben

The blue one I've been using as a daily driver :)

as of now the Brat. I did find the top radiator hose has been rubbing the snorkus of the hitachi carb inlet, so i have to swap out the hose for a long trip like this for fear of it totally rubbing thru. I am going to have Weber located, but it wont be here in time to install, so this will be the last trip in it with the hitachi crap, i mean carb.

I just hacked the end of the snout off on my '86...

Mick, remember the Subaru stickers in white.

Got em done. Will have Ben's with me as well. I'm still pushing for the Red Brat, but it's looking like the '72 instead.....

Red Brat not ready....well guess the big old truck will do its job.

I got my Rad hose replaced on sunday. noticed my heater hose was rubbing on the steering joint so that got replaced last night.

I have to go and pick up a riding mower tonight in Tama, in the BRAT. I hope it fits in the BRAT somehow.....lol wish me luck. and hope the Brat can carry that extra weight without rub issues.

Also, the third eye installed and the 85 grill has been trimmed to fit the center light. did not have time to hook it up.

oh boy what a fun weekend in the rain this will be. Maybe i better put n my brat hat too, although my tent should do okay with rainfly.

Darn it about the rain. Ill still show up. Boys keep your cell phones on, i think ive got some problems and only a long trip on the highway is going to see. Ive got terrible vibration on the highway, maybe one of these awsome tires will go. But either way i was planning on sleeping in my car. Picked up a folding chair last night as well. Got my sleepin bag. Ill be sending off the wife and kids with well wishes around 8 or 9 in the morning. Then im cleaning up my car, packin up and headin out. Ill be picking up a new cell phone as well. My old pre paid one is junk. Is this a groop goodies fest or eat what ya brung. Either way im kool.

Oh i dont mind shareing. I dont drink though so i wont have any booz. Well maybe alittle. Theres still a slim chance i might not go if my wife doesnt start feeling better. But that would mean shes missing her vacation so shes trying to tough it out.

IM bringing

Grill

Charcoll

Money:grin:

1 Chair

Hotdogs, Chedderwursts, Polish Sausages.

Water and Some Pop

Trash Bags.

SleepinBag, blankets, my pillow lol

Probly my camera, and maybe my flick but i dont know how to download movies on the internet with the thing.

Again i wont get there till saturday so if someone wants to borrow my campsight its paid for.

Thought about bringing but not now.

NO wood since i didnt get the house.

No parts to work on or swap over.

Still dont know if im up for muddin something ive got to drive back an hour, and something i will be doing body work on sunday. But well see.

Ben

p.s. anyone know where i can get exact directions, the one on the websight was kinda vauge

I'm thinking I should get a topper for my 72 instead of putting up a tent :)

how about that.... 1 look at craigslist today (I've been looking for several months) and I find exactly what I've been looking for for $80 with clamps!

leer-topper.jpg

how about that.... 1 look at craigslist today (I've been looking for several months) and I find exactly what I've been looking for for $80 with clamps!

my yesterday craigs purchase was a riding mower. the week before it was a crappy BRAT. gotta like craigs. BTW theres a Justy 4wd n craigs now, and my old snapper is posted up on there too. only 2 emails, one wanted to trade a picnic table for it :)