Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 ftont strut tops - mounts - bearings

Mine are getting replaced. I have found these from NAPA:

867945.jpg Looks right, but upside down.

NCP2613156 "Strut Bearing Plate w/ bearing" - LINK

ATM1043001 "Strut Mount" - LINK

Are they the same thing, or do I need both?

Are there any aftermarket upgrades (pillowball, etc) available without a 5-lug swap?

uhthankyavrymch.

you are looking at the same part from two different brands

the "NCP" one is "Napa Chassis Parts", which is actually a rebox Spicer part (lifetime warranty too)

the "ATM" one is "Altrom" ALtrom is a relatively new company, only working wtih napa for about 2-3 years. They are also a rebox company, but use import manufacturers. Quality is sorta hit or miss. Sometimes you get garbage, sometimes you get exactly the same part as OEM (literally the same thing). Usually warranties are 90 day or 1 year.

EJ ones are almost identical. the bolt circle is about 1/4" larger, so you'll have to grind the edges of the holes slightly. but they'll bolt to the struts just fine. just use your EA spring perches.

IIRC the pattern is rotated a bit from how it is in an EJ car, so camber plates won't work quite like they're intended. but upgraded mounts like Group N or similar will work wonderfully.

EJ ones are almost identical. the bolt circle is about 1/4" larger, so you'll have to grind the edges of the holes slightly. but they'll bolt to the struts just fine. just use your EA spring perches.

IIRC the pattern is rotated a bit from how it is in an EJ car, so camber plates won't work quite like they're intended. but upgraded mounts like Group N or similar will work wonderfully.

I knew the EJ mounts were close, but I thought you needed EJ struts and/or a 5-lug/modified knuckle.

Will stock EA82 struts fit the EJ mounts without modification? (except the three bolt holes on strut tower)

I already ordered the Spicer part from RockAuto.com for $43 compared to NAPA's $73.