Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ebay lights.

Too bad they don't have any lights for the newer cars. Some issues I have to disagree with: I don't think these are the actual xenon bulbs which require significant different power. They look like quartz halogen bulbs with xenon gas as the halogen gas filler. If they are only drawing the current for the lower wattage (normal for quartz halogen), I don't see how they are getting the higher wattage light output. Looks like a bit of a scam to me. They do look cool however; and they are cheap enough to try if you like.

you can buy different wattage bulbs ed.defenitely not hid or =xenon.

the ones i sold to bratman were a little different .but , same idea for sure.

you can get 100 watt bulbs for that setup.pretty damn bright actually.they work well if'n you are willing to spend the dough on the bulbs.cheers, brian

Agreed they are calling them "HID" but the kit doesnt seem to include any ballasts. But the kit is cheap enough to try to play with but something tells me Ill be going from dull yucky yellow to dull get me a ticket blue.

however if you put bright bulbs in them they would blind everyone :eek:

they dont have the correct reflector

these or equilivant will work

http://www.amazon.com/Hella-Halogen-Replacement-Headlight-Standard/dp/B000FKIURK

The did say they were euro lights. Those hella's are a big step up in price. I really dont need them I was just curious. The other thing is is there are about 30+ different sellers on ebay peddling these kits. Whats the difference between them, other than price, I wonder...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-H6024-6014-H4-LHT-EURO-CONVERSION-HEADLIGHTS-KIT_W0QQitemZ270321331385QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ef0682cb9&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Whats the difference between them, other than price, I wonder...

Which factory in China ripped off the design:confused:

One thing to keep in mind is that if you do the H4 conversion you will burn out the switch and wiring if you don't also do the relay conversion. These bulbs draw a ton more power.

The did say they were euro lights. Those hella's are a big step up in price. I really dont need them I was just curious. The other thing is is there are about 30+ different sellers on ebay peddling these kits. Whats the difference between them, other than price, I wonder...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-H6024-6014-H4-LHT-EURO-CONVERSION-HEADLIGHTS-KIT_W0QQitemZ270321331385QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ef0682cb9&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

those are a large step up from the ones in the first post. are those Autopals? anyway the better ones can handle the heat from more powerful bulbs.

Which factory in China ripped off the design:confused:

One thing to keep in mind is that if you do the H4 conversion you will burn out the switch and wiring if you don't also do the relay conversion. These bulbs draw a ton more power.

a good idea anyway, any voltage drop makes for a lot of dimmness.

They claim to be 60/55watt, that should be in range of stock. Weather or not the stock wiring can handle it, it probably would, but I doubt they'll be much brighter without a rewiring. I bet the stock lamps would be a step or 2 brighter with better wiring. I was looking for simple plug n play cheapo fun.