Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ground Wiring Question XT Turbo

I found out a while back that my trunk of my xt had a leek on both sides and was rusty in the spots the held water. and there looks like there were ground wires where the rust has eaten away the wire I was wondering what those ground wires do? or if there ground wires they attach directly to the body.

Thanks.

interesting. i've never spent much time in the trunk or noticed wires there that i remember. seems to me it would be something back there - antenna, defrost, rear lighting?

we have the XT FSM's over on the subaruxt.com board - are you a member there yet?

we have the FSM's posted over there and they show all the grounding points...well they show everything. well worth obtaining those.

Oh Ya I have a manual but don't know if it's the Factory one?

Im just wondering if one of the wires in the trunk ran the fuel pump, cause I have the pump directly wired to the battery with a little switch in the car.

cause I have the pump directly wired to the battery with a little switch in the car.

Dangerous. You don't want to make it to 25 do you?

At least wire in a FPCU from a carbed rig or something. So when you are unconcious at the scene you won't burn to death when the wreckage catches fire.

GD