Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP! Need Firsthand Experience.

Okay. I cant seem to come up with any DEFINITE results for this problem.

I need to know what EA82 front struts are interchangeable.

Supposedly, they ALL should be, right? Everything else is the same... But I keep coming up with like 4 different part numbers, some for GLs/DLs, some for GL-10s, Some for XTs, Nothing seems to have a listing for my RX...

I need struts for my 1988 RX, AWD. Do the XT(4cyl) struts interchange? Do the GL/DL struts interchange? Do the GL-10 (non-air) struts interchange? I would Think so, but if they do, why the 4 different part numbers for the same right side front strut?

Need to know what will interchange with my car.

ARRRGGHHHH!!! I hate shopping for parts.:banghead:

Thanks for your help, people...

88RxTuner

They all should interchange. The differences are likely pretty small - except of course for the air suspention car's. I'm not sure of the EA82's ever came with adjustable front struts for the 4WD's, but that might be a difference as well. Primarily the differences in height are due to the springs not the struts.

GD

That's what I thought, too... I guess the different part #s could be different brake line brackets or something like that...?

Anyone have some first hand experience with interchanging EA82 struts?

How about rear struts? Which cars came with the "adjustable ride height" struts?

Thanks!

88RxTuner

yep, '85-'86s had adjustable fronts and rears. but I've not seen aftermarket adjustables for many years.

all 4-lug EA82 struts are entirely interchangeable.

I just looked on RockAuto. and don't see any multiple part numbers for 4WD EA82s.