Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Still throwing P0325 code after replacing sensor

kimkathan, you have to have the code electronically cleared from the chip memory or it will keep coming back. If it comes back after it is cleared there is still something wrong somewhere.

Autozone will read the codes for you but won't clear them because they've been sued for doing so. Someone claimed that they thought the problem was solved because the code was cleared. DUH.

The last time I needed this done I went to autozone to read the codes than asked the clerk if I could see the instrument. When he handed it for me my thumb "accidenty" hit the erase key. oops.

You might have to pay someone to do it for you If you don't know anyone with a reader.

1996 OB 2.5L 131,000 miles

was thowing a P0325 code, so I replaced the knock sensor with a new Subaru one from the dealership. Code will stay out for a few days and then come back on. Checked the alignment, and all seems OK. Any ideas?

The P0325 code indicates a problem in the knock sensor circuit. It's often caused by a defective (cracked) knock sensor, but can also be due to corroded connections, wiring damage, etc.

First see if this helps: http://endwrench.com/images/pdfs/1995Subaru.pdf . If not, there might be a bad connection at the knock sensor's lead, the ECU, or somewhere between. The spec for the knock sensor resistance is between 400 kohms and 700 kohms, if you want to check it.

The P0325 code indicates a problem in the knock sensor circuit. It's often caused by a defective (cracked) knock sensor, but can also be due to corroded connections, wiring damage, etc.

First see if this helps: http://endwrench.com/images/pdfs/1995Subaru.pdf . If not, there might be a bad connection at the knock sensor's lead, the ECU, or somewhere between. The spec for the knock sensor resistance is between 400 kohms and 700 kohms, if you want to check it.

would corrosion on the mounting surface cause this ??

would corrosion on the mounting surface cause this ??

Yes, if it affects the ground connection (the connector on the lead only makes the ''hot'' connection -- the shield ''floats'' at the sensor end). Perhaps the info in the link doesn't make that clear.

Edited by OB99W

I have cleared out the code several times with an OBDII reader. the connection points look good, and re-checked the sensor this weekend, don't see any cracks. The only place I haven't looked is the connection plug. Also occasionally will throw a TPS sensor high input, but that dosen't always happen when this comes on.

The knock sensor ties to pin 3 of the ECU. Check the continuity of the wire from pin 3 and the plug to the sensor. There is a tie point shown in the drawing indicating a connection to a different wire color near the sensor end. There should be a very low resistance between the two ends of the wire if the connection is good. Less than 1 ohm.