Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm pretty happy right about now...(question time)

lol ya i almost bought that a few months ago because its a twin to my lifted wagon for spare parts.

just run it for a while and make sure it doesn't overheat or be down on power because needless to say, good luck finding another EA82 that is worth a darn.

Ok, so I've decided not to do a reseal, it looks like its only leaking oil thru the valve cover gaskets, which a set came with the car, so I'll be replacing them later today. I made it run a little better by swapping in a carb from my other soob, but it dies if I don't keep giving it gas. It seems like its a vacuum issue. Which brings me to my question, what vacuum lines does the car need to run?

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than start a new thread, I'll bump this one back up.

I was going to replace the valve cover gaskets, but when I crawled underneath to check things out, it appears that the driver's side cam seal is what's leaking (I can watch oil drip when the car's running). How hard is it to replace the cam seals?

not hard at all you need to remove the T belt covers and belts then the cam gear use a seal puller to remove the old and then replace with new ones then put it all back together helped a friend with it easy stuff. i have a set of NEW subaru cam seals 20 and there urs.

now if its the cam case itself you need to remove the valve cover then the whole cam case carful not to drop ur rockers they will fall off but can be put back on. then seal with High tmp RTV. worked great on mine.

let me know on the seals i have them here in the baggies

Rob.

just looked there is a crank seal in there too.

Edited by subaruguru