Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Found fun in Custer!

SoobieDoo

I had driven by this property that's owned by PSE, or the city, state, whatever and have seen dirt bikes cruising the trails among the power line towers. It looked small and not very challenging from the street, but I decided to try it out today, since my soob hadn't yet been wheeled. It's practically in my backyard, so my son Matthew tagged along, and we had a blast! The area was a lot bigger than expected, and there were some pretty challenging spots too...at least for me. :grin:

I even managed to get stuck in one of the mudholes. Next time I might just check the depth first before plunging in. I think this would be a great area to get together for a day of wheelin! The trails zig zag all over, so everyone could take their own path and not have to go single-file. Unfortunately there is a fair amount of trash that's been dumped there too. I could easily see the property owners closing it in the future, if it's not cleaned up. Maybe a certain subaru off road group could clean it up, for all to enjoy???

DSC00020.jpg

Pics of the area:

th_DSC00001.jpg

Should make a wheelin trip there some day. I was up there yesterday, Grandview??? area. I was on my way back from Little Holland (Lynden). I dont think what I was driving would have faired to well out there though, I was in a Semi Truck.......................

Jeff

Not bad at all, for AT's! I noticed that the tread was pretty slick with mud in the deep pit that stuck me, but that was before I tried slingin it all out. The front drivers wheel musta got buried in a pretty good hole there. I couldn't even steer! :lol: This area is just a mile or so from the grandview exit...semi would have done just fine. :rolleyes: