Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A/C Relay? Where is it on my 94 Impreza

Hi,

I see there are four black relays in the engine bay fuse/relay box. Are these the only relays or is this a big round silver relay somewhere?

Reason is that I need to swap a relay with the fuel pump relay in my 94 impreza to see if it bad or not. I pulled out a black a/c relay and tried plugging that in but I'm not sure if this is right or not because my car still didn't start.

Edited by sub_dont_touch

Those relays are for the fans not the fuel pump. They are not the same as the fuel pump either. The fuel pump relay is difficult to access but if you remove the cover below the steering wheel and look on the left side in a little area you should see this badboy.

05222009695.jpg

You will need long needle nose pliers to get to it and once its out its difficult to put back so just leave it somewhere more accessible like I found mine.

round silver one. Brownish one is the ignition relay. It is a very tight area but you can break the relays out of place with long fishing needle nose pliers then stick your hand in and grab the wires to pull it out.