Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RS salute!

Which is so much easier in a turbo, and the 2.5 turbos that come in these Foresters are really strong and dependable motors, nothing like the EJ25's.

You went from EJ251 to EJ255, but they're all EJ25, right? EJ25D is the one that eats headgaskets, anyway. How many miles were on your RS motor when it started having trouble?

EJ255 is nice, though. Same block as EJ257, or so I hear. Should be easy to massage up to STI power.

RS salute!

You went from EJ251 to EJ255, but they're all EJ25, right? EJ25D is the one that eats headgaskets, anyway. How many miles were on your RS motor when it started having trouble?

EJ255 is nice, though. Same block as EJ257, or so I hear. Should be easy to massage up to STI power.

My RS had Head gasket issues soon after I bought it right around 115,000. But they all seem to have that problem.....ALL OF THEM!! Even the ones I've seen that aren't leaking, start soon after. But the 2.5 turbos do not have these issues. And a little info I was informed that all I have to do to get to STi power is, STi intercooler, turbo(VF39), and STi computer. All of which bolts and plugs right in without mod. I would love to!! And hopefully will at some point. It already goes REALLY good!! It's a blast.

My RS had Head gasket issues soon after I bought it right around 115,000. But they all seem to have that problem.....ALL OF THEM!! Even the ones I've seen that aren't leaking, start soon after. But the 2.5 turbos do not have these issues. And a little info I was informed that all I have to do to get to STi power is, STi intercooler, turbo(VF39), and STi computer. All of which bolts and plugs right in without mod. I would love to!! And hopefully will at some point. It already goes REALLY good!! It's a blast.

back when that came out a guy on nasioc was running 13.9's in his stock. had the slips posted too.

just go with a downpipe, catback, and cobb STG2. the TD04 is mainly low end but can still make some power

• 4 weeks later...