Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hello again people ...just wondering if anybody has had a bent strut in the rear ..i have a 97 sub legacy sadan .its that or a bent hub .the rear tire is so ot of aligement the bottom of the tire sticks out and the top goes in .it has been like this since i bought it .dident care had crap tires on it ..now i got new tires and dont want it chewed up ..thanks for your time

A hub bent bad enough to see a difference would make the wheel wobble so bad you'd think your teeth were gonna rattle out.

It's entirely possible to have a bent strut, but more than likely the camber just needs to be adjusted. Which any alignment shop can easily do for you.

A hub bent bad enough to see a difference would make the wheel wobble so bad you'd think your teeth were gonna rattle out.

It's entirely possible to have a bent strut, but more than likely the camber just needs to be adjusted. Which any alignment shop can easily do for you.

Same thought.........take your car in for an alignment. The shop will quickly tell you for sure what your problem is. Struts are built anvil tough, and I think other suspension parts would bend or go out of alignment before damaging the strut. My money is bet on that you have some other suspension part bent, but not the strut. My guess is that your car was run up on a curb at speed to cause the bending you describe.

i will take a look . am changeing both struts next weekend and look then .well I hace gotton under it and looked .it all looks ok but i will do it with out the strut and mabie take of the control arms and compair both sides .with a micromerter .that is such a handy tool when i rebuilt the uper half of the engine i was able to make sure it was all in spec..I was thinking last night when i was looking at other post .that it would half to be some other part bent before the strut .it just makes sence .thanks

thanks guys ..i am replaceing both rear struts in a few days and that will tell all .i am sure it must be something with them becuse thy are gone the rump roast end sways around corners or if i jurk the wheel back and forth the rump roast end feels lose ..thanks again ..i will post the results