Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2.5 Phase 1 timing belt kit

I have seen several posts here saying that 2.5 phase 1 timing belt kits are available on e-bay. I hunted around on e-bay, but couldn't find anything. Is there any special wording on e-bay "search" to find the kits? What is generally the cost for T-belt, pulleys, and seals kit? Thanks!

I buy these folks kits off of Ebay all the time - with some other stuff thrown in. I don't use their belts on interference engines but I also often get extra idlers (depending on what I already have in stock).

theimportexperts.com - I've had excellent luck with them. There are others selling the same parts for essentially the same price. I prefer to build a relationship with one company until I have a reason to look for someone else to deal with. These folks have been very fair to me. YMMV.

I don't know which I have. My cars are 98 and 99 OBWs. Any way to know, without disassembly? Rooster2

All the 98 and up's that I've seen are the much more expensive new style. You could get lucky and have the old style two piece one on the 98 though.

Even thought they are more money I usually replace the new style tensioners since they are always (it seems to me) on interference engines. They also don't seem to hold up as well recompressing to use again.