Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 heater core

The core's should interchange, yes. I put a 93 Loyale core into an 86 sedan once so I think they are all pretty much the same.

It's pretty straight-forward.

Pull the gauge cluster surround and then the cluster itself. Pull the radiao and the heater control cluster. Pull the glovebox and all the panels under the dash on both sides. Pull the steering wheel, drop the column, pull the dash and put it in the back seat. Yank the heater core "container" and remove the core. You will then want to go to Home Depot and get some replacement foam. Scrape off the old foam, clean the surfaces, and cut/apply your foam tape. Then slide the replacement core into the box and reverse your dissasembly steps.

There is a lot of electrical plugs to keep track of so you might want to label them.

It's about a 6 to 10 hour job depending on how many you have done in the past. I've done a couple of EA82's, and a Gen 1 Legacy so far. It's not a difficult job just time consuming and annoying.

GD