Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CB radio?

Uberoo

after going in circles trying to use the search feature...How hard would it be to mount a small CB on the roof,right infront of the T tops on my brat?Are there any hot wires near the roof to tap into?

I know I shouldnt worry about CB's and other stuff when my brat doesnt even run but....gives me something to do.

Im thinking self taping screws with a little cradle.Until I figure out how to boost the signal it will swing 7 watts through a 102" whip.little unidens swing 7 watts:grin: How hard would it be to get it to swing 20?

go to your brat and take the middle cover off.it is literally a snap and go event.then you will see how easy it is.i would not ruhn power through your overhead light.the guage of wire is very small and you run the risk of burning it up.it is about a 20 minute event to take everything off in order to run cable for your antenna and run a power wire.hella easy.

If a 102" whip towers 7 ft above my brat how tall does that make the brat?

I mounted the whip on a braket just below the rear window.subi purists will flame me but I drilled right through the metal on the back of the cab and ran a 5/16" bolt though it,then a nut holds everything together on the back.then that plastic cover in the back of the cab covers the bolts...Im thinking of runing a coax cable from the bracket through one of the sides of a t top then connecting it to the uniden CB.