Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sand Lake run January 17th or 24th???

cmiller

:(

DANG IT!!!!!

i knew i would regret not going but i did get alot done.

hope theres as good a turn out next time when i can go.

Glad to hear you guys had a good time.:banana:

Now lets see some more pics:popcorn:

the white hatch there in the middle of the pic with the brat, hatch and wagon. is that cody's from the st. helens area?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I couldn't get the truck started last night to go up with the trailer.

So I decided to go with plan B, and put a clutch disc in it on the site on Monday. I had a 2wd Ea82 clutch disc on hand, and I bought a whole duralast clutch set from Autozone hoping to get a proper disc. But stupid autozone gave me another small 2wd (or 1600 4wd) clutch disc.......so I had to go with what I had.

Thankfully, when I got there, the nice Camp Host had let her park in his lot so she was still there when we arrived.P1010050.jpg

Loaded up the tranny jack, a floor jack, jack stands, some tools, a couple creepers and a tarp into the trunk of the 4wd Sedan, and set out to the rescue.

P1010037.jpg

P1010039.jpgDrive line duct taped into rear of tranny, disconnected from diff. Tranny stayed on the jack and we just slid the driveline back with it to prevent any fluid spills.P1010042.jpgPhoto0024.jpgGratuitous shot of my modified radius rod mount plates. I got tired of the boat anchor effect backing up in mud.P1010044.jpgTis is as far as we seperated the tranny and motor. Just enough, you can see the pilot tool for the new clutch disc still in there.P1010048.jpg

Here's the fried disc.

Photo0027.jpg

And the "new" disc going in "temporarily" as a "make it home" solution.

Photo0026.jpg Another shot of the new disc. And my spiffy r-use of the SPFI snorkus for a portion of my snorkel. P1010041.jpg

It worked. Got there at 2:30, fired it up and drove under her own power by 4:15.:eek::grin::lol::banana: Some of the people in the parking lot were kinda staring with disbelief as they realised we where succesfully changing out our clutch. One of the guys jaws dropped when he saw the disc come out.

Then we couldn't resist spending a little time out on the sand after all! The wagon ripped! Even with a tiny 7 7/8ths clutch disc hanging on by it's edge for dear life behind EJ power!

P1010055.jpgP1010059.jpgP1010060.jpgP1010054.jpgth_P1010056.jpg

Then we stopped for a bite and a beer before the drive back to Corvallis.P1010061.jpg

What a trip.......kinda glad to be finally home though

Great to see everyone.

Edited by Gloyale

I have some pics but i don't know how to post them. :confused: So if someone could give a pic posting 101 course that'd be cool. And yes chaz that is me. I gave ya a call before i realized it was you on here. lol SO..... we should plan another trip in a month or so. I just bought a 1983 2-door hatch gl. So i'll have four low next time! I still had a blast though.

I have some pics but i don't know how to post them. :confused: So if someone could give a pic posting 101 course that'd be cool. And yes chaz that is me. I gave ya a call before i realized it was you on here. lol SO..... we should plan another trip in a month or so. I just bought a 1983 2-door hatch gl. So i'll have four low next time! I still had a blast though.

try www.photobucket.com

Nice jump! It was cool to see an Outback come and play!

Yeah. Holy cow.

Wow, I wish I had been able to play with everyone else:(

By the time we got the clutch in on monday afternoon, the weather had turned bad and there was nobody else at all on the sand. Actully, we did see two ATVs at the top of one hill, hunkering down to wait out a whipping wind storm.

We had fun but I had to keep it pretty mellow cause there was no hope of getting assistance if I got stuck. Plus I didn't really know where I was going. I never made it past that first section where the 2 stockers got stuck and I smoked my clutch:mad:

I love the pic of Scooby and Cmiller in the woods and wish I had been able to do some of that stuff.

Lets go again! (After I get a 5-spd d/r and a real clutch)

Here's the rest of the pics I took on Sunday.

Group shot from a couple angles. We had almost every Generation represented. Missing a 1st and a 3rd gen Legacy (There was afirst gen there, but MrGLegacy had to take "Clifford" home with his own smoked clutch)

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

Here is the 1600 DL 4wd stuck, with TeamCF hooked to him, hanging on the rope (couldn't ppull him, couldn't back up to slack the rope to release:rolleyes:)

P1010032.jpg

Once TeamCF got moved, this guy (sorry don't remember) was able to get in front and pull the little hatch.P1010033.jpg

Didn't help me much.....my clutch was so gone, I couldn't even pull FORWARD from this spot.P1010035.jpg

This was pretty much where I last saw everyone. If you look close, the little 1st gen brat is behind them getting stuck and about to be washed out with the tide. LOL

P1010034.jpg CMiller towed me off the sand and 4Tes gave me a ride back to Corvallis.

Nice vids. :)

The first one does not do the size of that hill justice.

I had to run about 5500 rpm halfway up in 2nd. And slam it into 1st to just barley make it up.

Little EA81 is a hard worker though. :lol:

And Sand Lake is only every so often. Then it's back to idling around trails.

Gregg on the other hand. Finds a jump in the middle. :burnout:

That was me with the grey wagon! Pullin out the brat, and the hatch, and the white wagon.....Untill a big cloud of smoky clutch blew out from under the hood, thats when my towhook went away! Fun times but i think i'll stick to the sticks.. I like the trails and dirt better than sand..

Spencer

ok, I got my computer back online. Here is the last of the media spaming. I have two videos of the small GL getting unstuck. I had a great time out there with everybody. I would love to go again and hopefully next time stay for a little bit longer. Thanks for the fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzavrUd998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6AsxNq3nrY