Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lower EA82 wagon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Scooby

The Scooby

EJ Swap Junkie

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • South Seattle

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:32 PM

hey, i was wondering if anyone can help me out. i want to lower my ea82 wagon, i dont want to heat or cut the coils on the springs, is there anyway that i can lower my wagon about an inch or even a half inch without doing that.

can i run some aftermarket coilovers like skunk II's, KYB or QA1's. i am a great welder and i can make new mounts if i have to.

can someone please post some pictures of the stock front and rear coil/shock setups, plus how they mount so i can get an idea on how to make other systems work.

Thanks a million,
Shean

#2 subarubrat

subarubrat

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • Bealeton, VA

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:45 PM

Use the ground control spring /adjustable perch set and mount that on some struts. I am not sure what is out there for EA82 wagons in terms of adjustables or performance struts. Camber issues will come up if you drop too low. How low you go depends on how much time you want to put into camber management.

#3 The Scooby

The Scooby

EJ Swap Junkie

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • South Seattle

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:53 PM

oh i know about the camber issues, but i was wondering if there was a coil-over strut that i can use off like a newer impreza or forester that i can bolt on, and change the firmness of it, so at autoX'ing i can stiffen it up, and crsing its looser.

thanks for any more aditional information.

by the way, where can i get those springs your talking about.

Thanks for the help,
Shean

#4 subarubrat

subarubrat

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • Bealeton, VA

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:06 AM

MANY places on-line carry them, here is one and the link to GC themselves. It is a good design.

http://nextcollectio...e-none-none.cfm

http://www.ground-control.com/

#5 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:18 AM

If your wagon is 4WD, you can use the 2WD struts to lower it about an inch. XT struts are about an inch shorter than the 2WD struts..I have a set of each in my garage..:D

#6 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 08 February 2004 - 06:13 PM

DEFINITLY start off by getting the lower struts then use some adj coilovers to finish it up.

im using R1's

#7 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 08 February 2004 - 06:15 PM

I'm hijackin this..
caleb - so if I buy this XT I'm lookin at, can I use 4wd wagon struts in the front to raise it up 2 incheS?

#8 TROGDOR!

TROGDOR!

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • 2,106 posts
  • Morgantown, WV

Posted 08 February 2004 - 06:48 PM

Yes... using 4WD wagon struts will bump an XT up pretty high. I made the mistake of using them on my XT when I first replaced the air suspension. It seemed... odd to say the least. Also, 4WD wagon rear springs have 2 extra coils on them.

2WD XT struts are the lowest that the EA82 chassis ever had. With those installed on my XT, the foot of my floor jack is less than 1/4" lower than the frame rail. My guess is about 5" ground clearance at the front frame rail, which would probably equate to 3" at the lowest point of the car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users