Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subi.... *Updated*

88Subi4x4

That must have been Sunday right? That was a bad Saturday night/ sunday morning, I woke up around 3PM to find that my phone had vanished, you know those kinds of nights. I would have loved to had seen it bummer.......

Jeff

indeed o well its not like i never drive through Mt vernon :lol:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate,

Great work on the car, pretty special monster:) was interesting reading through your build thread. I was wandering if you could help me. I see that the car was single range and you converted it to dual range, I'm basically after a grey gear knob with the push 4wd button and was wandering if you your car had it and if your not using in any more. Would you sell it if you have it somewhere?

Here is my link with a pic of what i'm looking for.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=120914

Thx again, keen to see the other upgrades you plan to do to the car:)

Guy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

looks good but it might be worth replacing the rear bumper mounts with something a bit more substantial if your going to use the rear bumper as a recovery point.

Oh and add some big rubber mats for mud flaps.Gotta keep the PO's happy.

looks good but it might be worth replacing the rear bumper mounts with something a bit more substantial if your going to use the rear bumper as a recovery point.

Oh and add some big rubber mats for mud flaps.Gotta keep the PO's happy.

haha I know they haven't given me any trouble yet..... That rear bumper is not moving..... It is mounted in many places the hitch is attached to it with a triangle which is hooked with 4 bolts on each to where the tow hooks use to be. thats about as strong as you can get with having a Uni Body. :-\

how did you resolve your camber issue? i am looking for a cheap way to lift my car but still keep it a good day to day driver, and the camber seems to be my only real issue i am having.

um unless you can fab and weld I would not recommend doing the way i did mine... :-\ check out some other build threads as well. If i were you I would drop it from the top of the strut with the correct angle and that should take care of the camber........ i will put pictures up of how i did mine if your still interested.

ok i will take a few tomorrow I cut the stock strut tops and moved them in about to inches and then i went to pull a part and cut out strut tops from another subi and welded them in alot of work but it is solid and fixed my camber !!
Before

Bad pics sorry..... i will see if i have time to take a few tomorrow

Edited by 88Subi4x4

damn you aint kidding when you say alot of work. i was hoping it could be done in a weekend or two lol, but that would take me a little while to get done, but yeah if you could post some pictures of all the welding and what not, you had to do, that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...