Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

AN alternative seat in the Brat(Pics may not be 56K friendly)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:28 PM

I found a decent seat to lower the seat in the Brat. Some of you know that being 6'4" isn't always the best formula for comfort in a Suabru. Now add the extra clearance needed by a helet and you have a neck compressor. I went to the local PaP and found these seats out of an Isuzu Impulse. Lowers the seat by about 3". They also have really nice bolster support and adjustable lumbar support as well. The other nice thing is the recline is chain driven. Makes for minute adjustments in positioning.

Posted Image

And this one shows the brackets. The original seat rails will bolt to the seat with a very minor alteration to the rear hole on the outside rail. A slight ovalling is all I had to do. Then, all it needs is a piece of flat steel mounted to the seat and and inner rail. The hole width is off by 1 1/4". (I haven't finished the flat peice yet)

Posted Image

This one shows the difference in height.

Posted Image

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:45 PM

That's great because isuzu impulses were crap mechanically, and are often found in the JY - not on the road. Looks good.

GD

#3 The Scooby

The Scooby

EJ Swap Junkie

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • South Seattle

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:09 PM

i was at the JY the otehr day, and found a nice set of grey mazda MX6 seats, i think, they look like racing buckets, and have a whole for like a 5pt harness, i had to do a dukes of hazard to get in, but they are confertable as hell.

and for $150 for the pair, i MIGHT go taht way, or get a set of stock honda del sol seats from a buddy for free, if her gets buckets.

#4 TROGDOR!

TROGDOR!

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • 2,106 posts
  • Morgantown, WV

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:54 PM

Not that I have an EA81 to stick them in, but some other people might want to know this... which type of Impulse did they come out of? The VW Scirocco lookalike or the Geo Storm lookalike?

#5 old sub freak

old sub freak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • mt vernon,washington

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:32 PM

hey ken,yea being tall w/a brat can have its hassels. last summer i got a recaro seat at a yard sale $20 . it lined up with the stock tacks onder the seat.2 bolts lined up and i drilled 2. its a comfortable seat and it droped me at least 2", i like it. hey i know its not subaru but you could cover it w/ some thing. anyway take care and i'll see you at hood river or? todd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users