Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I painted my car...

I had some rustoeum hunter green in a quart just taking up space in my room.So I mixed in a little bit of rustoeum black.Then thinned the paint with some paint thiner.Then A friend sprayed the car with his paint gun.It turned out really nice.I let it dry for about a half day.Then I proceeded to SCRATCH THE EVER LIVING HELL OUT OF IT when I took the car up a heavily over grown track on a mountain.

the "track" used to be a tunnel access road for the railroad,but the railroad has been closed down for quite some time.The track was very steep and sadly very short but it was still lots of fun.I didn't get any pics of up there,I wanted to, but my phone chose that moment to die. My friend got a few cell phone pics that are up on his bookface.Maybe next weekend we will head up there again and get some better pics with some camera's.As for now here is a couple pics of the paint job.I went from silver,black,grey,rust to a dark green with lots of scratches.Still its a big improvement...

Before:

Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

After:

Picture015.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Edited by Uberoo

That looks good! How well did it hold up to the punishment and how many coats did you guys apply? I'm lookin to do this to my Outback soon.

I only applied one coat.the rustoleum paint is really strong especially if you let it cure before scratching it.My friend painted his truck about 2 weeks ago and you could barely tell where the scratch marks were aside from the marks in the dust/dirt on the rig, despite he broke trail.Mine cured for about 1/2 day and it held up better than most single stage automotive paints.Most of the scratches probably could literally be buffed out.touch up is really easy for the spots that wont come out because the paint bonds well to metal and even better to other paint,just a scotch brite pad to scuff up the area around then apply more paint..