I've had this lift kit for like a year and a half, maybe longer I can't remember, exactly. It has graced a storage closet with it's presence for quite some time, and it will finally get a chance to do some work.
Of course that involves me doing all kinds of work, drilling out larger holes in some of the blocks, tracking down larger bolts for some of them. The front cross member bolts supplied with the kit were 3/8" x6". Looked like plain old hardware store grade 5 stuff. I went out and got 12mm 10.9 grade bolts to go in their place. Also had to get 14mm bolts for the transverse link bushings. The kit came with 12mm bolts there for some reason. The kit also came with blocks to lower the carrier bearing, and the bolts provided are too short by about 1/2". I think I'll just flip the carrier over instead of using the blocks there. Kit also came with a new pitch mount, which is about 3/4" too long.
So I'm just going to elongate the elongated holes on the pitch mount bracket that bolts to the transmission.
Anyway, mostly this came about because I ran something over and cut a huge hole in a tire rendering it unusable. I had a set of Outback size tires sitting waiting, so figured I would get them mounted, dig the Outback struts out of the shed and swap them in and get the whole shebang done all at once. Should be something like 4" of lift overall, 2" blocks, inch from the Ob struts, and an inch from the tires.
A teaser pic, since I got the front done just before it started to get dark and decided to leave it at that.
Edited by Fairtax4me, 03 June 2012 - 06:25 PM.