Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New vs. old: An interesting observation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 viceversa

viceversa

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 03 April 2004 - 09:57 PM

On ebay, a search for Subaru Loyale produces 40 hits, while Subaru Legacy generates 600 hits.

I have a 92 Loyale, but I am ready to upgrade to a newer 92-94 Legacy.

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,087 posts
  • WA

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:24 PM

It shows that Loyale owners still drive them and dont want to give them up. As for the Legacy's? :confused:

#3 Subarunation 713

Subarunation 713

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Bridgman (SW Mich)

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:28 PM

As for the Legacy the model is on it's 15th year! How many model years for the Loyale? That many more Legacys means that many more parts. What viceversa failed to mention was how many of those 600 hits are for parts and how many are cars for sale. And of all those parts how many are for those stupid blue headlights or goofy exhaust tips! A 90-98 2.2 legacy is still a very solid hard core Subaru.

#4 PoorManzImpreza

PoorManzImpreza

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • BARBADOS

Posted 04 April 2004 - 01:37 AM

hmm loyale body style was in production from '84-'94 same body same parts same engines...minor variations it was only called 'loyale' in the 90s..that's ten years with no major body style changes.. 15 years of legacy with what 4 body changes? lol...but damn Legacy is really a legacy..and the loyale is every modern subaru's legacy..just slide an ejxxx engine in that loyale body and see if you don't think..damn why didn't subaru do that from 90-94...

#5 viceversa

viceversa

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 04 April 2004 - 02:59 AM

These results can be seen in whatever light.

I know that the older, 80's vehicles are pretty hard to find now, they are almost all gone, and it seems the same fate will consume Loyale too.

#6 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:11 AM

I know that the older, 80's vehicles are pretty hard to find now, they are almost all gone, and it seems the same fate will consume Loyale too.

Its all about location. Take a 20 minute drive around Seattle or Denver and you will probably rethink that statement. SUbarus just aren't popular or don't last in some parts of the country.. hell its even hard to find legacy parts in most of the yards around here.. Subarus have just never been big sellers around dallas apparently..OTOH when I lived in WA, at athe last house we had there, there were probably 10 people within 5 blocks that had EA81 and EA82 soobs that were in great shape.. hell, I had 3-4 myself!

#7 joybell

joybell

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Canada

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:03 AM

I had a 93 Loyale wagon until last year when the rust ate too much of it away. I never had any issues with it, no trips to the dealer for warranty fixes ever. I can't say the same about my new Forester though. I wish Subaru would have kept making that wagon. I really wanted a new one exactly the same, except with maybe a 2.2L engine instead of the 1.8L. My brother in law has a 92 Loyale wagon, which he fixed up with some parts of my mine (hood, headlights, rear wiper motor..brass parts btw) before it went to the junk yard. It has about 250,000kms on it and no problems except rust. You can't kill them mechanically. I think Subaru got their repution from the Loyale and will lose it with the new Legacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users