Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2000 RS stereo build questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ettev

ettev

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Pottsville, PA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I've got a good head unit I'd like to install in my son's 2000 RS 2-door. Question: what are good speakers to replace the stock front & rear units? Sizes and makes please.

#2 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,950 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Probably just look at Crutchfield, it'll tell you what sizes fit where and I'm sure they'll have reviews of the speakers. I've always liked Boston Acoustics. Sometimes in the rear you can fit 6x9 with a little modification even if 6x9 isn't listed to actually fit.

#3 ettev

ettev

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Pottsville, PA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

The Crutchfield site is telling me they haven't researched this vehicle. Are all late 90 thru 2001 Impreza's the same regarding speakers? Are the sedan speakers different than the coupe?

#4 Ricearu

Ricearu

Official De-Ricer!

• Members
  • 1,208 posts
  • DFW, TX

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

The speakers are only 6", not 6.5". Amazon sells some kicker 2 ways that sound great, is about 85 bucks for all 4 shipped to your door.

#5 ettev

ettev

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Pottsville, PA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

The speakers are only 6", not 6.5". Amazon sells some kicker 2 ways that sound great, is about 85 bucks for all 4 shipped to your door.

Find me that Amazon link and I'm on it!

#6 CoupedUpSubie

CoupedUpSubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Woolwich

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

I have 6.5" sony xplods in my 95 coupe. The only trouble I ran into was mounting the speakers in the rear deck. Have a drill with a small bit handy to make your own pattern. When you pull the door speakers leave the spacers there as you should be able to reuse them with the new speakers.

#7 Ricearu

Ricearu

Official De-Ricer!

• Members
  • 1,208 posts
  • DFW, TX

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

http://www.amazon.co... kicker speaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users