Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Differences between 4WD and 2WD EA82 struts

From what I have read, and been told, the standard height may give around 1/4" of lift until they break in. It's common to have the illusion of an inch of lift, but it's actually because you are used to the worn out/tired original springs that were on your car. But again, that's just what I have read, and been told. I plan on towing a snowmobile trailer from time to time, and don't want the rear end to sag to much, so if I have good struts, with at least rear King springs, I should be good.

I measured the top of the wheel arches before and after, and I am running larger tires with no rub ever and no bashing/trimming (205/60R15 or 185/75R14 depending on the season). I also put on new GR2s with the springs, so maybe that added some as well. The lift is not an illusion.

Regardless, the springs are great, and paul at primitve racing is a very nice guy to deal with. He can also confirm the lift that the springs produce if you dont beleive me.

To Loyale 1.7 : I tried to source the KYB 341232 (from Toy 4-Runner). I don't seem to be able to find that shock anywhere. I searched for a replacement... but could not find one. Any news on this?

Or what years of 4-Runners will work... I read late 1990's... can you be more specific? Thanks for the write-up. Nice pics!

I measured the top of the wheel arches before and after, and I am running larger tires with no rub ever and no bashing/trimming (205/60R15 or 185/75R14 depending on the season). I also put on new GR2s with the springs, so maybe that added some as well. The lift is not an illusion.

Regardless, the springs are great, and paul at primitve racing is a very nice guy to deal with. He can also confirm the lift that the springs produce if you dont beleive me.

I am not denying that it's lifted more. What I am trying to say, and what others say as well, is that the springs probably on make the car sit about 1/4" higher than it did when BRAND NEW. The stock springs wear out over time and sag, so when you install the standard height King Springs, it ends up lifting it an inch or maybe even a tad more than it sat before, but not that much over what the car originally was. The King lift springs are meat to lift, the standard height is meant to restore the original ground clearance the car had from the factory. And yes, Paul has been helpful so far!

To Loyale 1.7 : I tried to source the KYB 341232 (from Toy 4-Runner). I don't seem to be able to find that shock anywhere. I searched for a replacement... but could not find one. Any news on this?

Or what years of 4-Runners will work... I read late 1990's... can you be more specific? Thanks for the write-up. Nice pics!

Your answers are in the Following Thread:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=135711&page=2

Feel free to ask any other Question about my Suspension Mods in that thread, in order to avoid hijack this one. :)

Kind Regards.

• 4 months later...

The new KYB part numbers are: 341216 is the part number for the rear Loyale struts they offer. And 233023 is for the left front. And 233022 is for the right front.

But as said before, none of these are 4WD specific. Sounds like the rear will be fine, but I don't want to lose height in the front. So not sure what I will do there.

is this the same as to the EA71 subaru Leone II 1,6 GL coupé ?

• 7 years later...