Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vibration problems, forester s-turbo, 2000 mod

Vibration turbo accleration forester s-turbo 2000

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mjeller1

mjeller1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • norway

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hope someone can help me with this problems :)

Today my car started to vibrate alot after driving for about 15 minuts,(to work).

The same happend on the way back, after 15 minuts it startet to vibrate again.

At the same time it seemst like the turbo went crazy, it is allmoust like its no midle thing on the throttle, either full throttle or just low speed.

A few times befor, when i start the car in the morning the check enginge light has turned on, but then dissapeared again after a minute or so.  But when the light is on it cutts the turbo, the turbo only charges up a litle, then blows it all out.

Does enybody have experiense with the same problem, and could it be a connection between thees two? Couldent find any topic about this in Norway so hope some one could help me here :)

im glad for all answers (if you understand my english) :D

#2 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Gold Subscribers
  • 4,939 posts
  • Texas

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Even with the check engine light (MIL)  off, the system likely has codes (DTCs) stored. A mechanic or, use of a scanner (I assume your Euro model 2000 is OBDII protocol?) would be needed to retrieve a stored code. If possible, post the code here.

Is the vibration felt in the steering wheel or in the engine? That is, could the vibration be tire or suspension related?

In general, it seems you have a problem serious enough that the car has put itself into 'limp' mode but, I am unsure.

A mechanic may be needed. If you are going to attempt any further diagnosis yourself, start by trying to scan for stored DTCs.

#3 mjeller1

mjeller1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • norway

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

My first thughts was the wheels as wel, but since the vibration dont start untill iwe been driving for 15 minutes (at the same speed) i thought maybe it could be something else.

Its my first subaru and i only had it for a few moths so i dont know it that well.

Im gonna call the workshop tomorrow and have them to take a look.

I felt the vibration in the stearing wheel but it allso felt like the car was vibrating, it was so intence i hat to pull off the road.

But after stopping for a few seconds i could drive again without the vibration.

#4 mjeller1

mjeller1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • norway

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Forgot an importent part.

The last week, after driving it also has smelled like burned electronick inside and outside the car,

but when i pop the hood i cant smell where it comes from..

#5 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Gold Subscribers
  • 4,939 posts
  • Texas

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

if you make tight circles on dry pavement, will the car buck/jerk/vibrate?

are the tires all the same brand/model/wear-level?

have you or a mechanic looked underneath for any obvious drivetrain or brake problems?

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan, 11 March 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#6 mjeller1

mjeller1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • norway

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

its ice and snow here now so tight circles is a litle difficult :) but i was out driving for a short distance now, and now it didnt vibrate.

So it seems to accure if i drive for a while. Its the same vibration when i drive straight forward as when i turn.

Im gonna have a mechanic have a look at it, but i dont think its the wheels.

I find it strange that the turbo, vibration and the smell problems came at the same time.

#7 mjeller1

mjeller1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • norway

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Had a talk with a mechanic, he thought it could be the brakes since it dont start to vibrate before after a while.

But im gonna let them have a look and take a diagnose test on it in a week, see if they can find anything...

#8 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,950 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

check alt check ac ildler pully and front crank pully look for missfire codes also check the boost pipes for damage and wastgate vacume feed lines. If is overboosting will shut down ecu till it sees the right boost a over or under charging alt could do thiss

#9 mjeller1

mjeller1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • norway

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

The vibration was brake calipper that was stuck, so that had to be changed.

And the only thing they could find from the check engine light was the knocking sensor had turned on once.

Other than that it has been mice in my engine, chewing on my cables :P

its the first time i`we ever heard that :P

#10 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,950 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

Check that they did not chew and boost pipes even a small leak can be a big problem. Take your knock senser and file the base of senser and the block were it mounts have seen many that are not grounding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users