Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Body trim Glue?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Flow

Flow

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Roy

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:11 PM

What's the best stuff to use to reattach the black plastic body trim on my '86 wagon? Thanks.

#2 Subi81

Subi81

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,006 posts
  • Ventura, Ca

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:37 PM

Just did that same thing on my 86 turbo wagon, I got my stuff from Franklin auto parts, I think they are just a local shop here is what I used.
3M weatherstriping adhesive (black) part No. 08011

Here is a link to 3m site and speil on the stuff

http://products3.3m....ler/output_html

Just lathered it on the door and the trim let it set up for 5 min, then pushed on the strip.

Whatever you do don't use Hot Glue, 1 day in a 100 deg day and it will be lieing on the ground faster then you can say, Dammmit!

Good luck!

#3 samo

samo

Boo.

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • The Emerald City

Posted 17 April 2004 - 01:03 AM

My sidemoldings are attached with clips, but what I would generally use is 3M double-sided foam tape, AKA doublestick. I'm sure you've seen it - grey foam tape with a red plastic backing that's really hard to get off? I use that stuff for everything.

#4 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:34 AM

I use the same glue that they use to iinstall windsheilds. but be careful not to put too much on, it will ooze past the edges and look terrible.

#5 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 17 April 2004 - 01:19 PM

I use 3M "Automotive Trim Adhesive", comes in an arisoll can, its yellow when it comes out and it works GREAT! I think its a varieant of permatex, AKA: The yellow deth.

#6 draggon

draggon

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Anna

Posted 18 April 2004 - 01:31 AM

you might want to try something called GorillaGlue its really strong and garunteed to last,you can go to ( www.gorillaglue.com) to check for a store near you that sells it

david

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users