Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA 82 factory aux lights?

options lights factory options

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 981 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

I was at a junk yard and found a factory auxiliary light switch on an EA82.  Apparently it (switch) fills the slot to the lower left of the steering wheel. I've never seen that before. The front clip of the car was gone, so I couldn't see what it would have went to. Does anyone have a picture of a factory optioned fog light/aux light/driving light on an EA82?

#2 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 981 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

Dang, hope someone has some obscure pic or something  :huh:

#3 ystrdyisgone

ystrdyisgone

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • MT

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

For these maybe? I have no further information other than the link and that I have seen these lights mentioned on the forum before.

http://www.mttechsub...-loyale/2267676

#4 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,991 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Here's a sweet picture of my '85 with those fog lights (I think they were likely a dealer-installed part, as the wiring was not integrated within the main harness).

5409240003_large.jpg

The lights themselves were junk, and never even made the trip home (that pic was from the for sale ad), but I used the switch and wiring with some aftermarket lights for some time after that, and then on a couple other subarus.

#5 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 981 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'll be darned, that must be it - a dealer option. Funny  they just hang out there, thanks guys!

#6 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

https://sphotos-b-se...837046744_n.jpg heres Whitey, our 86 wagon, i have every receipt from when it came off the boat in SanFran in 85 til 2008. Its a dealer option

#7 Rust

Rust

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • The Sticks

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

They also came with plastic covers with the subaru logo.  I have a set but missing one of the covers.

#8 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 981 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, I was thinking the covers would be pretty hard to find after 20+ years... thanks for the pic Subruise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users