Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat dome light

Yes, it is grounded off the door switch in the jamb. Assuming you've replaced the light and checked for positive voltage, the contacts in the jamb switch have corroded. Just pop them out and clean them up with some emery cloth the apply some dielectric grease to prevent future corrosion.Stock, they are pretty weak because there's not much reflective surface behind the bulb. I took mine apart and lined everything inside with aluminum foil. Yeah, you heard me right. lol Cut your pieces to fit shiny side out. Apply a few drops of super glue here and there, place them in, smooth them, trim, let dry and clean them up. Doubled the useable light from mine.

You sound like me.... "Everything Must Work".   

And Yes, rotate the clear lense cover.  At some point, it will clear the tabs and should drop down.    My Hatchie had both corroded door switch and bad wire connection at the dome light.    The screw holding the dome light in place is actually a ground connection... make sure both screws are present and making a good ground.