Well that's a new one
seriously. i noticed it because rice came out of the spark plug hole. why can't those #(*)!(*$! drink the antifreeze!
I guess the worst that could happen is a piece could get stuck under an exhaust valve and hang it open.
i'm slightly concerned - there was a significant "notch" hanging up the crank. even after freeing it up, it still had a noticeable "lump" in the exact same spot while turning the crank. i could turn it back and forth over this one spot and feel it. kind of like in a Subaru engine that's sat for a long time and the rings are bound/rusted and stuck in the cylinder. maybe they peed in there and rusted up the cylinder wall too. LOL
this engine has run perfect with zero issues for the past 100k and has 220k on it, so there's absolutely no question about it's condition.
Maybe some PB would melt it?
that's what i wanted to do - but wouldn't that wash the cylinders?