Ultimate Subaru Message Board

transmission

i have 1987 subaru gl .I have difficult time finding parts for it .I am now looking for front axle seals.Subaru dealer told me there are no parts available for this car anymore in the U.S. I don't believe that. Who knows were i can buy late model Subaru parts.Need help!

They just don't want to be bothered at the dealer because they have to look up the part numbers the old fashioned way. Find a better dealer or just figure out the part number and take it to the dealer and order it by part number. It helps if you take the shop manual with you and have the exploded view cause they use the same views but have more information than whats in the manual.

Theres a few dealers locally and the one kinda tries, another won't help you at all, and the third the guys go out of their way to figure it out for me. The third dealer the guys behing the counter are always like "oh no its the loyale guy, whose turn is it this time."