Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale Battled a Camry :(

Love my LilSue, but we met a Camry in combat. We won. Need some assistance.

I'm fairly certain all that's bad under the hood is the radiator and the battery (which currently has a headlamp imbedded in it) but I need to change the fender, bumper, hood, and headlamp. How to I remove the fender?

Additionally, I'm usually more of a "get help from a pro" kind of person when it comes to my baby, so please talk dumb to me.

There a row of bolts lining the fender under the hood. If you haven't opened the hood yet, do so carefully and make sure it doesn't hit the windshield. You also have to remove the plastic inner wheel well to get to sone of the bolts in there.

Sounds like the same type of damage my girlfriend did to her Loyale, I had to replace the fender, hood, bumper and headlamp. It's a one day job.

Got sad pictures to look at?

:eek: I agree that you may need to start :zzz: on that sob. I know that pick n pull has a few of that model right now. you could get everything done in a day for under 200 (maybe 100) 

OH! can't forget a BFH for that front clip damage.

Edited by sumoco

Lol. Sorry to see that. It does look quite a bit like the first time my girlfriend's Loyale got crunched.

I used a come along to pull everything back in to shape. It's like a hand controlled winch. Fasten one end to something stationary (tree) and the other end you hook around the deformed skeleton of the car once you get those body panels off. Just be careful what you attach to, and crank slowly.

That and a lot of hammering and you'll get it close to normal. Then you just bolt/screw on the new parts. Easier said than done and you have to get creative.

Also, getting to the front bumper bolts are not going to be fun now. They aren't fun to begin with and after a good crunch they are going to be that much harder. Best of luck! Good that you weren't hurt!

Once you've got the hood open, check that the chassis rail between the wheelarch & firewall isn't bent.

I hit a tree with pretty much exactly the same spot years ago doing 80km/h & it deformed the rail both in front & behind the wheel.

caused it to be written off on insurance.

But you hit something of similar weight & movable, so you should hopefully come out ok :)

Lol. Sorry to see that. It does look quite a bit like the first time my girlfriend's Loyale got crunched.

I used a come along to pull everything back in to shape. It's like a hand controlled winch. Fasten one end to something stationary (tree) and the other end you hook around the deformed skeleton of the car once you get those body panels off. Just be careful what you attach to, and crank slowly.

That and a lot of hammering and you'll get it close to normal. Then you just bolt/screw on the new parts. Easier said than done and you have to get creative.

Also, getting to the front bumper bolts are not going to be fun now. They aren't fun to begin with and after a good crunch they are going to be that much harder. Best of luck! Good that you weren't hurt!

Any chance you want to come over and help a girl out? Haha

From the look of the scenery, I'm gambling you are clear on the other side of the country than me, or I would. What state are you in, can't make out the plates; maybe somebody near you will chime in and help.

It's not exactly really *hard* work or anything; just a bit on the time consuming end.

As was mentioned above, have you been able to open the hood (carefully! Watch the windshield) and check out the frame rails for damage?