Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Miles! How do we get to your place in Butler?

http://www.warpthree.com/milesfox/subaru/swapmeet.htm

i am going to tell you how to get there like i would go, this way will bring you past alleyboy and jim wood.

take i-70 WEST from morgantown area thru columbus ohio.

once you make way thru c-bus, take exit 80 to MECHANICSBURG, ohio route 29 north. stay on 29 n to URBANA

once in urbana 29 will split off to US 36 WEST. take us 36 w to PIQUA. in piqua is i-75 north, get on that and take it to exit 110, wapakoneta. this will be ohio state rout 29 west again. takw 29 to st mary's.

29 will enter st mary's at a t intersecton, go left. you will pass a wally smidt auto and a gas station. go into the downtown. you will see signs for 66 north, follow that out to the north end of town, you will see signs for columbus ohio, us 33. therte is a shell station near the interchange. find the us 33 WEST, towards fort wayne, in. it will be 4 lanes for a little, and then it splits off. if you miss it, you will be on 29 to celina. if you cant find the us 33 interchange, you can just stay on 29 thru town on to celina, just more downtown traffic that way.

anyway, take 33 west till you get to us route 127 north. 127 also comes from celina if you went that way. take 127 north to van wert, go all thru town, once you make your wat thru the north end, you will see an interchange for us30 west. the interchange is on by a BP station, bp on the left, the interchange on the right. make sure to pay attention to the signs or you will miss the road. the interchange will do a long sweeping loop to the right to meet westbound traffic. stay on us 30 west to the indiana line.

*****if you stay on 127 and dont get on us 30, 127 will take you to us 6, which goes west to butler****

ok, coming from us30 you will cross the indiana line. just before tyhe lign you will see a sign for ohio route 49, after you pass the line be on the lookout for a flashing yellow light, this is indiana state road 101. turn right and take 101 north straight to butler. 101 is about 5 miles past the state line, it will take you thru woodburn, it jogs a little in town so watch the signs

after woodburn you will cross us 24 and state road 37. keep going. eventually you will cross a set of railroad tracks by a steel joist plant(nucor/vulcraft) ...(if you turn left there is our baja pit 1/2 mile)....cross the tracks and keep going straight. you will cross state road 8, and after you cross 101 turns into st rd 1. st rd 1 goes all the way to butler 7 miles.

once you enter butler you will pass a trailer court, a school under construction, speed zone...there are 2 sets of rr tracks. immediately across the 2nd rr you will see the carbola to the left, either go in thru the city maintenence lane, or on depot st immediately thereafter.

if you not turn left to go to the carbola, go straight thru the stoplight, and there is my place on the left corner, far side of the building is my door. i am above the old "maintenance on wheels" off ice, which has newspaper in the window. go in the door, up the stairs, i am the door on the left.

if you have a hard time just look for a subaru and chase it down, since we are the only soobs in town.

may i siggest having an atlas or at least an ohio map for the ohio portin. i figure 3 hrs to columbus, and about 4 hrs from there. all in all 6 hours can be made according to how you pace yourselves. you sould be able to make 90% at least of the distance from trogdor on one full tank.

you could simply take 70 thru dayton, or even to indy, but i highly not recommend that as it will add HOURS to your driving time.

the trickiest part will be from sidney to van wert, but it will save you miles and gas. just make sure to pay attenton to signs, as ohio roads like to jog around in small towns, or up and change at intersections. it is possible to trave on 3 different highways going down the same stretch of road if you didnt watch the signs.

get a cell phone or calling card maybe, if u get lost or confused, call my HOUSE

(260) 868-5795

let me know what time you guys head out, so i know when to expect you or to be near a phone

in the day call the office, as i will be at the carbola all day, (260) 868-5006

josh: (260) 908-1258

Trog & Rocket:

Do you know when you are passing thru C-Bus? If I'm here you guys are welcome to stop in. Trog, I still got all 12 of your Dopples sitting in my basement.

Miles:

It doesn't look like and Jim & I will be bringing the XT to the meet after all. Time will be too tight on Sunday, so we will go from Indy back to Jim's, then heading up to Butler.

see you all there...

John

sounds like a plan. i still have all the valve parts and those heads, pick thru them and take what u need.

oh yeah, i got the internet at HOME now, so i will try to keep my yahoo messenger on when im online, and the phone lines open when im not on.

trogdor! do you plan on staying the night saturday also? we plan on baja'n, at the meet saturday i will put a new axle on zanny dooks sedan, take his used one to replace the broken axle in trashwagon, and use my bad on as the core.

so we will have a 4wd trashwagon, the 4wd conversion sedan, to go baja'n with. josh says he will baja the red wagon ur bringin'

trashwagon 6 may be down for a lap, but she will have a tendency to get hot.

anyway, 3 vehicles for sure to baja.

i told all the girls to find a slumber party for t6he weekend to make room at my place. we cqan either camp at the carbola, or crash at the apartment. my place is welcome for showers and ec. but dont mind the bathroom floor may be wet cause the toilet tank leaks.

for sleeping arrangement i have my bed that i will give up to a sleeping pair"girlfriends and such), or i have a futon mattress on the floor. i also have the couch, and a carpeted subaru headliner for sleeping arrangement.

trust me the way i explained is the best way to go, as i have singled out these routes from multiple trips and multiple ways of going, i just say have a map so you can relate to the directions visually.

i guess if you are meeting tom, just use my directions to van wert and 127 n. to bryan ohio. us6 goes to butler about 15 mi from there.

Sent Steve directions that are real easy to follow, ifin y'all are going to not stop at C'bus on the way to Butler, that is.

Basically, you'll pick-up US-30 just West of Pittsburg, it goes clear across Ohio, where you'll get on US-127 North to US-6, where I'll be waiting for you, then we'll convoy into Butler.

Less turns and road changes that way, easier for multiple vehicles to follow.

See you Saturday.

10 after 7 here, and I'm also leaving in 5 minutes... for work :mad:

I'm off at noon today and should be home by 12:30. I can take calls at works so gimme a ring if you get lost.

I think we're going to follow Tom's directions on the way in. Looks like me and Matt at least will be able to stay long enough to meet Alleyboy and Ol Jim Wood on sunday.

TROGDOR! here, using Jim's computer...

The cops showed up to complain about the donuts in the yard in front of the carbola. Chief was there acting all high and mighty saying how Josh can't run a business with donuts in the yard, and how the city is going to sue Fox and all that.

Nobody really showed up for the swap meet, but we still had fun anyway. Went Baja'n yesterday and today and had a blast, got the wagon nice and muddy. Fox kept having axle problems and traction issues with his tires, which cut his runs short. In the Baja'n run today Fox's Trashwagon 5 got a little dinged up, but still made it home under its own power. These guys are totally nuts with a Subaru in the mud.

Had a great weekend, all you guys really missed out! Better show up to the next one.