Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New to Subies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Saints7th

Saints7th

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • North Shore

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:23 AM

Hello everyone. I have just found a 87 Brat for sale and am thinking about picking it up for a winter vehicle. Its in decent condition, just a little rust in the usual locations, but nothing I cant repair. The only thing that scares me so far is that the engine has 250k+ on it. There are also a number of parts that the guy is going to throw into the deal, including a turbo off an 84. Is there anyone up in the northern MA or southern NH area, I live right on the border there.
-Saint

#2 AKIRA

AKIRA

USMB Reverend

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • Jersey Shore (Central) PA

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:31 AM

get it, my brat has 205,000 on it and it runs like new, and if the engine quits, get a new one, the engines are a dime a dozen.

#3 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:13 PM

Mine has 253,000 miles and its the coolest thing ever. Just keep oil and water in it and it'll go 400,000 miles! How much are they asking?

Jeff

#4 PHATBRAT

PHATBRAT

Subaru Lover

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  • Mt Holly, NJ

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:55 PM

The rust is what you should worry about. If that is under control then you got nothing to worry about. EA81's are pretty easy to come by. Is it a turbo BRAT? If not, why would the guy throw in a turbo?

#5 Saints7th

Saints7th

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • North Shore

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:32 PM

They are asking $700 and the truck is running fine. The turbo is off of an '84 Brat that was put to rest in a junk yard somewhere. Not sure if I will install it, but it is always an option. There are a number of other part to the car too. Another set of rims and tires (maybe the original, i think it has the over-sized Pugs on it now), a pair of seats for the bed, an extra front grill, brushguards, and some other stuff.

As for the rust, the kid decided last winter that he was going to repaint the bed so he stripped all the paint off of it and it snowed before he got a chance to paint it. so the snow sat on bare metal all winter and well, it rusted. the metal is still in good shape, its just surface rust, maybe one or two small holes in the usuall spots. I have just finished restoring a 1950 chevy, so i am not afraid of rust and can patch in some new metal where its needed.

-Saint

#6 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:34 PM

Sounds like a good deal with all the freebies thrown in!

Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users