Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

I'm most likely going to install Bilstein B6 Shocks & Struts on my Legacy.  I know I need the B-Spec Front Strut Mount.  I noticed on Tirerack that they say it may increase the ride height of the car, but they don't say how much.

Has anyone ever installed these? Do you have an image with these on it?  Any issues with Bilstein? 

The KYB that are on the back are very soft and bouncy..

Thoughts?  Images?

I wouldn't even bother replacing the front strut mounts, their failure rate is miniscule and aftermarkets suck. Even the rears very rarely fail but if yours has been bouncing and weak they may have taken a beating - might want to replace the rear springs too as they've taken a larger brunt of the work load if you're noticing it bouncing excessively.

How old are you existing struts and are they 2006 rear struts?

For outbacks, it's common to use 00-04 struts on the 05-09 generation which is spec'ed a little light like you're describing, even the OEM struts i believe.

I would at first be inclined to look into 00-04 KYB's.

People also install baja turbo springs on their OBW's to stiffen them up a little - but people claim it raises the car 1/2" or so, although I didn't notice it, but might not be the best fit for a legacy? 00-04 KYB's and baja turbo springs are a great fit for OBW's and ride nicely.

Edited by grossgary
  • Like 1