Ultimate Subaru Message Board

sorry, but ANOTHER lift question

Snowman

Hey all, I finally got my lift done tonight, well basically done since Roxanne is drivable. I've got a bit of a problem though.

Okay, so the rear struts are now mounted by horseshoe-shaped bits of steel. I'm not positive I've done this right. Right now, the strut is bolted to the BACK of the horseshoe thing, which is bolted to the stock strut mount holed. Previously, I had the strut bolted to the FRONT. My problem is that the struts are angled out if they hang freely, thought they can be forced into the bottom mount. This was worse with the struts bolted to the front of the mounts, but it's still quite apparent now. The problem that arises is that I think the struts are binding. They are REALLY stiff, and there is a bit of an unpleasant noise over bumps on occasion.

So, did I do this right? The directions were not all that clear. Any help would be excellent.

if they fit on the same as the ea81 lift (sounds like it does) then it needs to be bolted to the outside of the horseshoe, so the springs will be far enough away from the body to not rub (that's the noises you are hearing now.

best way, is to bolt them to the front, but leave them loose, then put the bottom mount in, and tighten everything up....

Hey all, I finally got my lift done tonight, well basically done since Roxanne is drivable. I've got a bit of a problem though.

Okay, so the rear struts are now mounted by horseshoe-shaped bits of steel. I'm not positive I've done this right. Right now, the strut is bolted to the BACK of the horseshoe thing, which is bolted to the stock strut mount holed. Previously, I had the strut bolted to the FRONT. My problem is that the struts are angled out if they hang freely, thought they can be forced into the bottom mount. This was worse with the struts bolted to the front of the mounts, but it's still quite apparent now. The problem that arises is that I think the struts are binding. They are REALLY stiff, and there is a bit of an unpleasant noise over bumps on occasion.

So, did I do this right? The directions were not all that clear. Any help would be excellent.

maybe the ea82's are supposed to bolt on the inside...

I'm just going off the ea81 lift :)

dam i think mine are bolted to the inside also. That would explain the funny rubbing sounds! :D

Have to check that out tonight.

Mine are on the inside, PK said, when i did mine, that you bolt the spacers to the struts, and then the spacer to the body and it will wedge the struts into the body so they don't go anywhere

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like a minor difference in the 2 lifts.