Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

pug wheels

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 desertsubaru

desertsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Gassaway WV

Posted 18 June 2004 - 12:50 PM

Watch when you buy pug wheels! I got some pug wheels with real nice michalin tires, BUT didnt do enough research so i got 190/65/390 wich they no longer make. Good thing i only paid 100$ for all 4 wheels and tires because when the tires go bad the wheels r junk because im not going to pay 285$ a tire!!! so becareful there. Posted Image Anyone know where i can get longer wheel studs and better lugs?

#2 SubaRube

SubaRube

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • San Leandro, CA

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:18 PM

Last year I emailed a guy selling a set on Ebay. He wouldn't tell me what size they were. It was pretty obvious he was trying to get rid of some metrics. What a turd.

#3 desertsubaru

desertsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Gassaway WV

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:21 PM

Last year I emailed a guy selling a set on Ebay. He wouldn't tell me what size they were. It was pretty obvious he was trying to get rid of some metrics. What a turd.

Do you remember his email address?Posted Image

#4 SubaRube

SubaRube

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • San Leandro, CA

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

Do you remember his email address?Posted Image

I was talking about some pugs, not tires. Sorry. The set listed in the marketplace look to have a nice set of tires on 'em.
http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=17820

#5 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:02 PM

Watch when you buy pug wheels! I got some pug wheels with real nice michalin tires, BUT didnt do enough research so i got 190/65/390 wich they no longer make. Good thing i only paid 100$ for all 4 wheels and tires because when the tires go bad the wheels r junk because im not going to pay 285$ a tire!!! so becareful there. Posted Image Anyone know where i can get longer wheel studs and better lugs?

that really sucks man. maybe you can get rid of them over seas where they still use metric rims ?

#6 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,752 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:08 PM

Stay away from the set in the marketplace! My friend is trying to get those!

#7 desertsubaru

desertsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Gassaway WV

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:09 PM

I guess i will just run them untill they die. For 100$ i really didnt loose because they should last a year or so.Needed new 13s and they where 250$ for all 4. so now will look for 14 or 15 pugs untill these ware. Posted Image

#8 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:12 PM

Yeah $100 for rims and tires in good shape is a steal. Drive em into the ground! :D

#9 desertsubaru

desertsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Gassaway WV

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

I need either longer wheel studs. Or maybe some deep lug nuts??? Any info on where i can get one or the other?

#10 BoneCake

BoneCake

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Atlanta, GA

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:29 PM

I just posted that eBay link to try and help a brutha out... I did not know about the 390 issue. Sorry

#11 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:21 AM

you should be able to get longer lugs or a source for them at a local tire shop. good idea to do that, too. I'm not happy with how little sticks through on my wagon's 15"s.
I've always checked my lugs and had the bad ones replaced at the machine shop when I get my rotors turned.

#12 chef_tim

chef_tim

Romans 5:8

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:24 AM

I've changed the studs in all the cars I put Pugs on. Just gives me a bit of peace of mind. I use "Doorman"(sp?) studs that are about 1/4 inch longer and .03 inches thicker. You will definately need to have them pressed in. Check at you local parts house, a good one will have all sorts of crazy nuts/bolts. Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users