Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pug wheels

Watch when you buy pug wheels! I got some pug wheels with real nice michalin tires, BUT didnt do enough research so i got 190/65/390 wich they no longer make. Good thing i only paid 100$ for all 4 wheels and tires because when the tires go bad the wheels r junk because im not going to pay 285$ a tire!!! so becareful there. icon9.gif Anyone know where i can get longer wheel studs and better lugs?

Watch when you buy pug wheels! I got some pug wheels with real nice michalin tires, BUT didnt do enough research so i got 190/65/390 wich they no longer make. Good thing i only paid 100$ for all 4 wheels and tires because when the tires go bad the wheels r junk because im not going to pay 285$ a tire!!! so becareful there. icon9.gif Anyone know where i can get longer wheel studs and better lugs?

that really sucks man. maybe you can get rid of them over seas where they still use metric rims ?

you should be able to get longer lugs or a source for them at a local tire shop. good idea to do that, too. I'm not happy with how little sticks through on my wagon's 15"s.

I've always checked my lugs and had the bad ones replaced at the machine shop when I get my rotors turned.

I've changed the studs in all the cars I put Pugs on. Just gives me a bit of peace of mind. I use "Doorman"(sp?) studs that are about 1/4 inch longer and .03 inches thicker. You will definately need to have them pressed in. Check at you local parts house, a good one will have all sorts of crazy nuts/bolts. Tim