Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spfi tps output is?

jono

Also:

"when people suggest an EJ conversion, my date  puckers  * up at the way higher price of an EJ clutch over EA"

Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated. 

EJ swaps use the EA clutch kit. 

GD

point taken - I always think of EJ conversion goes hand in hand with the AWD box they come with for the added benefit of AWD. Man EJ power just in FWD - poor old EA boxes must get a hiding !

OK thanks , was thinking that because spfi is three pin TPS it must be same as series 1 flapper ECU 3 pin TPS ( which is really two switch points)  as a change occured with four plug ecu hot wire afm - the tPS became four wire which i guess is a switch point for idle, then a progressive pot for the off idle to flat out open.

Next question will be - of the three pins which is which? I need to use a TPS to feed the variable Voltage to a new fuel management device that asks for 0.5 to 4.5 Volts. It is a Peel Instruments Lean Bias Logic enrichment controller for a propane system. Aussie ingenuity on reliable old  US Impco fogger system :)

One pin must be earth neg (-)

a second pin must be pos (+) 5V in from a new power source - no ECU on board

third pin must be output pos (+)  0.5 - 4.5 or 5V

OK, idle switch may not be an accurate term to use then ? Must be one end of the read out scale 0.0 to 5V somewhere ?

Edited by jono