Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

06 Subaru Impreza Overheating

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jon7923

jon7923

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

I have an 06 subaru impreza 2.5i, on my way to work it has overheated twice while passing a bunch of factories.  I have used this route many times without this problem ever occurring before.  When I take alternate routes this does not occur and I have taken my car on longer drives with more hills and the temperature gauge does not move beyond the point just below half way to red.  When it overheats the heat still works and it just randomly shoots up to the red, I pull off to the side of the road, after about 30 seconds of sitting there it shoots right back down to normal.  Is this a sign that a part may be on its way out?  Is there anything in these large factories that may be somehow affecting the system?  Looking for some insight 

#2 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,215 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

are you losing any antifreeze fluid. My 08 had a leaking lower radiator hose that went unnoticed until I overheated (twice)

simple things first

#3 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus. '03H6OBW,'06WRX

• Members
  • 7,781 posts
  • Texas

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

you must check inside the radiator itself (safely!) - don't trust the level in the overflow bottle to accurately reflect actual coolant volume.

unrelated to factories or anything external to the car EXCEPT, IF you have failing radiator fans, stop-&-go driving or waiting for trains, idling for long periods, etc. will cause overheating. But it;'s the failing fan that is the real issue.

DO NOT drive the car if it is regularly overheating - get it checked-out by an experienced Subaru mechanic.

#4 idosubaru

idosubaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 23,667 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

Probably low on coolant
Check coolant level in radiator (not overflow tank)

#5 montana tom

montana tom

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • trout creek montana

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Check coolant, if full, I would get a new subaru thermostat for it.  Weird it has only done it by the factory's...  Maybe secret government facility.  Beware !  

#6 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,215 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:53 AM

Check coolant, if full, I would get a new subaru thermostat for it.  Weird it has only done it by the factory's...  Maybe secret government facility.  Beware !  

Seen Netflix "Dark"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users