Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted Impreza sway bar link idea/question

And this just leaves me wondering, is ADF selling snake oil with the adjustable links?

Definitely not. Sometimes when lifting, the stock plastic endlinks don't hold up to the extra stress. Along with the fact they are at a harder angle do to their length. The adjustable ones just allow you to retain endlinks, and not have to worry about them breaking.

• Like 2

You're rear swaybar may be limiting the downtravel (since rear is bolted to body, not subframe, so doesn't drop with the lift like front does) Like I said, if you want to keep the rear sway, get the dropped brackets from an Outback or Forester

And then learn how to drive a bit different. Brake before corner, nuetral throttle on entry, punch the gas out.....this will help keep the weight shifted to the back through the corner, instead of lurching forward and lifting the back end so much.

Watch these guys........now THAT's body roll. ---www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYRQzarBOzo--- Might have to copy and paste without the dashes. Can't get the forum to accept this as a link???

Seems like I just need a lil more confidence. Started increasing steering output even when the car leans, and as long as I keep the balance kosher it sticks to the road. We’Lo see what drop brackets and sway bar add. IIRC it made a big difference on my 96 on outback struts

• 3 weeks later...

And this just leaves me wondering, is ADF selling snake oil with the adjustable links?

So, I've been thinking this over.  And I was under a 06 forester the other day and it dawned on me......Oh yeah......the newer rigs with the subframe bracing !!!

40670714695_483bed0e94_k.jpgIMG_2938 by Dans Subaru, on Flickr

40851840654_04a78622bf_k.jpgIMG_2934 by Dans Subaru, on Flickr

40851845654_04f0746a1e_k.jpgIMG_2933 by Dans Subaru, on Flickr

ADF makes good stuff, and they aren't making products with no purpose.   Wanted to put some context to this thread and why they may offer longer links.

WRXs, and Forresters starting around 05???IIRC, use an additional brace that goes under the swaybar.....so on those models, a lift could cause the swaybar to hit the brace and limit downtravel.  Longer links would be beneficial int his case.

But to the OP of this thread, his 90's Impreza won't have that brace so the stock bar and links will still work fine.