Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t owners - post your mileage

262,000 miles on my 1989 GL XT. Still runs strong. Gas mileage probably not so good as I usually have the pedal to the metal plus I never get out of second gear going round & round a 1/4 mile dirt track. Installing EA82T this Winter for next race season as more HP's are needed to beat those Mustangs running 2.5's:D

• 1 year later...

192,000 on '87 GL wagon. Five speed, no A/C, 185 80 R13 tires. I've clocked it between mile markers over and over and have come up with about a 10% speedometer discrepancy. I'm assuming this translates to the odometer as well.

So with that, I've been getting 25-26 mpg. Add 10% and that brings it to 27-28 mpg.

I'm using 85 octane fuel, I live about a mile above sea level and I drive mostly highway at around 60-65 mph.

I am planning on replaceing rear diff gear lube and transmission oil with Amsoil synthetic gear lube. It should help.

Tracy

190k and some change on my 87 turbowagon, no clue how many are on the motor though (it's cool though cuz the serial # on the engine is all ones except for the last # is 5), adn I average about 18 up here, but I get 22-24 back home, roughly 25-26 highway back home, here I get about 23 on the highway.

Stupid altitude...