Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how much is my wagon worth?

Guest Jack in Norfolk

Guest Jack in Norfolk

I am thinking of giving the sube a new home. I was wondering what i could get for it. Its an 86 dual range 4wd thats white with tinted windows. Its got wagon wheels. Its not turbo or fuel injected. The body is straight except for the valence, the right front fender, and the bumpers. The brakes are on thier way out, the steering column needs repair the ac compressor is fried and there are scattered rust spots, but no holes. It needs paint. But its inspected and gets me to the mountains every weekend. Its got 180,000 miles. do you think i can get $1000 or is it more like $500? -Jack

Keep it. Brakes are cheap if its pads only. The A/C can be pulled to lower wieght. Bumpers can be cheap if you find the right salvage yard. If you convert it to a winter/camping beater you will save lots of $$ in trying to keep it up to normal car standards. Ask yourself is $500 worth the pain of using a nice car to deal with winter salt and traffic during/after every storm?

Guest Jack in Norfolk

well i guess i forgot to mention that it leaks water on both front passengers. And all of these little problems are getting to be a pain in the rump roast. Additionaly the right valvecover gasket leaks a little, and the tranny mount is shot and i think the cv is on its way out too. -Jack

Man, why get rid of something with little problems?? All of these problems can be fixed with little $$. If you don't want it, you probably won't get much over $500 for it. Let me or my twin in VA beach know, we may wanna buy it. Mark

Guest Jack in Norfolk

I thought that the steering and carb repairs were going to be big bucks. I'd like to keep it, but man it seems like one problem after another. I must have put 20 cv joints in it in 4 years. And fixing the trany mount is going to be a pain in the rump roast too. But i havent made any decisions yet.

• 5 years later...
I am thinking of giving the sube a new home. I was wondering what i could get for it. Its an 86 dual range 4wd thats white with tinted windows. Its got wagon wheels. Its not turbo or fuel injected. The body is straight except for the valence, the right front fender, and the bumpers. The brakes are on thier way out, the steering column needs repair the ac compressor is fried and there are scattered rust spots, but no holes. It needs paint. But its inspected and gets me to the mountains every weekend. Its got 180,000 miles. do you think i can get $1000 or is it more like $500? -Jack

I would expect 700 at the most. Unless you replaced the Clutch or Tranny at some point.

da%$ didnt notice the year on it till you said that calebz. was about to reply lol i guess someone was really bored and dug up soem of the old stuff lol, or set there view to view oldest first!!!

Thats funny, not bored just stupid. I got lost in the search realm, got up to get some coffee, and started replying to stuff. Sorry guys.

I got a pushbar from Jack.Never got to meet him but his mom was cool.That was probably in the "Summer Tour 2000".He did stop back here not too long ago.

Now,show me some old thread from the first board.:cool: I think I was online with the USMB around 1997 or 98,despite what the signature says.Yikes!Soon it'll be ten years.....scary.