Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt6 wiring harness?

• 2 weeks later...

Auuughhh! Done typed this out twice now. Dail-up service keeps dropping out.

Haven't done any wiring-up of the harness. But did do a search-and-destroy on non-required wires. Thinking that colors were right on it, for the most part. Then again, it's been 6-7 months since I've had time to look at it.

Found the Diode on the interior portion of the harness. It's right where it does the side-to-side split over the tranny tunnel. It be White, with a White connector.

Gave thoughts to the Neutral switch, but that's about alll I can say at this time. Just don't recall what it was at the time. Brains going into nuclear melt-down..

It's only Thursday, and I have over 66 or so hours, (since 7:am start-time, Monday), on the clock now. I still have to work the week end. I'm to old for this crap anymore...............

thats alot of hours...

the diode is a one way gate of flow, as far as i can tell i dont need it, i didnt need it on the mpfi ea82 i wired up anyway.

i only use the part of the harness from the computer to the engine, then splice in the relays on the big green plug, and the ones that cross over to the dash. if mine works well, i can draw it out, and it might save you some time =].

Both Scott and Adam are running their's with out the diode in, with no problems. So it's really not needed to run, I just thought if I could find one, I'd go ahead and wire it in.

Got this harness all ciphered down to engine/ECU runs, along with gauge leads. 'Least I'm thinking I do.... Would appreciate any info you have on it though, once you're up and running that is.

Yep, it be alot of hours. Been like this since middle of May. Can't remember last time I worked a 40 hour week. Pay checks look good, but it sure does wear on a person after awhile. Has helped me get alot of the parts for the BRAT though. Was going to do it in stages to get it done as planned for final look. With the work load the way it is, I have no-time to work on it. But, I'll have everything here for when I do finally have time to do so. Only thing that will be needed when she rolls out of the garage, will be body work and paint. Hopefully, things will slow down a bit after the Holidays.

Ya, that diode isn't important. Best way to get it all going, is to hook up the motor, then hook up the computer, then cut out all wires that don't attach to those two. Then look at a schematic, and start peeling out the nonessential wireing (like the ones that go to the electrosteering pump). Neutral safety switch?!! Why? What if you need to crank the starter with the clutch disengaged!! Thats another one of those non important wires. All in all, I think that there are only about 40 sumpin of the 60 sumpin wires that are important. I'll dig through my files tonight and find my schematics and notes from mine and let ya know what ya need, and how to wire it up. One of the biggest things that hung me up was a power wire that looked like a ground wire, that I had attached to ground!!! Least it wasn't the other way around. :)

What's the deal with the diode in there? I left it hooked up when I did my SPFI conversion, but I couldn't figure out WHY it was there. All I can guess is that it either protects the computer from some sort of draw that could possibly occur or that it might prevent the battery from slowly draining under certain conditions.

Any ideas?

look at the diagram closely its just a one way gate, it gives power to one relay, but also prevents power from flowing backwards and turning on the other relay.

imma go start mine now =] with my new f150 fuel pump! =]

RAGE IT! :D If you get it running tonight I'll come over and celebrate FO SHO. We'll have to get train wrecked and rev the ER27 a whole lot :drunk:

Sounds like fun, revvin it is so awsome, nothing sounds quite like that motor!!

Just remember to put the headers on it before hand, this is my advise. These are fire breathing motors!! I did my initial test fire open heads, and the fuel on the ground from the first couple tries without it fire caught fire while it was running, and shooting flames the two feet down to the ground!!!

• 4 weeks later...

The diode is there to protect the computer in case someone connects the battery backwards b/c complex circuits like that cannot take a reverse in polarity. It is not necessary, but it is a good thing to have. I left mine on when I did my SPFI conversion.