Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I-90,I-94 Corridor Road Trip, Minnie?

So as you may know i'm picking up austin's yellow wagon, and if you are lucky enough to live on the I90 corridor or I94 there could, should be some meeting going on, especially if you live near Minnie, cause then maybe austin could leave the car there, and we can both work around weekends to make things better for work and such, plus it would be cool to see other subie crazy people.

it seems that a few people have messaged me about my XT as well, who live over there.. so if there was a way to deliver both cars.. that would defaetly justify my trip out... but... this means a second driver.. or 2 trips... or... a trailer capable of taking both cars?

is there a possible half way point? where we could meet up and save time or... ?? just possibilities..

and another thought.. i have parts, and access to parts that are NOT RUSTY.. fenders and doors and such... and other old parts- (EA stuff!) that I could possibly bring along to sell.. to help pay for the trip over and back...

these are just some of my ideas- anyone know of a good spot along there to meet and turn back? i kinda used up my vacation, so my trip back would have to be quick!

another idea-

if my xt is bought by someone (thats also in the MN area) I could have Freddie fly out, and teh 2 of us could drive both cars to MN, and I could fly home.. could be done in 3 days! (only one day off of work needed which is do-able!)

Sounds like a Subaru adventure !_! We'll have a rather frigid... er warm... welcome for you in MN when you swing through the Twincities :D We can kick some tires, pour over the EJ22 wagon going "oooohhh.... aaaahhhhh.....", and then compare ground clearances :drunk:

I'll check back here often for more detailed times / dates.

TTYL !_!

SO heres the new plan! (this all of course depends on if I can get the time needed off work!!! but asssuming that goes well, (finding out tomorrow)

I will be driving my wagon with my younger brother, and the XT with its new owner-

we will be taking the I-90 corridor to I-94, to the Minneapolis area-

leaving Seattle on either the 27th or the 28th, (thurs or fri) and hopefully arriving in MN on saturday eve or sun morning- then time to say hello and do the wagon exchange, and fly back home on monday the 31st...

so it would be helpful if I could get phone numbers and addresses for those people along the I-90 corridor in case anything happens along the way, or if you want to see the legendary wagon and my award winning XT! ;)

so also, if there is anyone who can help us out for tips on our crazy winter adventure up and over the contental devide and such... winter road/highway conditions.. tire/chain requirements? (i have never used or owned a set of chains!!!)

so lets get planning! :banana:

remember, the "for sure" still has to be determined... (time off of work needed)

ok! its official!!! i got the friday and monday off... so I realllllly hope I can make it all the way there in less than 3 days total!!! (planning on 2 full days of driving.. first stop for rest, will be Billings, MT.. its the half way point between destinations.... so if a meet could be arranged there? :headbang: that would be cool!

so I-90 and I-94 shouldnt be toooo much trouble? is there any expected closures due to snow/ice? i know this is the worst time of year to drive, but if were doing it, at least its in a subaru! (and the wagon has those beefy tires and lift too!)

ok! its official!!! i got the friday and monday off... so I realllllly hope I can make it all the way there in less than 3 days total!!! (planning on 2 full days of driving.. first stop for rest, will be Billings, MT.. its the half way point between destinations.... so if a meet could be arranged there? :headbang: that would be cool!

so I-90 and I-94 shouldnt be toooo much trouble? is there any expected closures due to snow/ice? i know this is the worst time of year to drive, but if were doing it, at least its in a subaru! (and the wagon has those beefy tires and lift too!)

So this is the last week in JAN, 28 - 31 right?

Can't forecast the weather 3 weeks out. They can't even forecast it reliably a few days out around here :rolleyes:

Yup, pulling out of Seattle on the morning of the 28th. He was going to get his ticket home today for Monday. Hope we make it in plenty of time because they charge 50.00 to change the ticket if he misses it. The ticket was only 70.00 thru Sun Country. Oh well, we should be ok. Having him put a new set of snow tires on the XT so I can keep up to the wagon. :)

Was a cool drive home from work in my wagon. We got about 6" of snow and ice up here today. Man I love these Nokia tires... Thanks again for putting me on to them Edrach. :)

I'm gonna see about getting a ticket for the AM sunday morning should land around 8 ish, i'd like to be on the road by 9, maybe 10, that way i can be home by midnight, or i can stay at a friends half way, either way, i'll figure it out

Where are you guys meeting in Minneapolis? I'd like to shake some hands and kick some tires !_!

the MOA Where else?

We'll probably be rolling in on saturday night from the East, i don't know when austin will be coming, but hopefully soon after that. as it looks 3/4ths of the crew that picked up the 88 back in OCT 01 will be coming for this one, 3 cheers for tradition

the MOA Where else?
Awsome, MOA is cool. Kinda big however so lets nail down a specific location. North side main entrance is no good. East and West sides have big parking ramps. Want to meet on the roof of East side parking ramp? Prolly the easiest to get too since you wont have to deviate from the main road right off the interstate.

Or did you guys have something else in mind ?