Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am going to have my timing belt, water pump, and cam seals replaced on my 95 Impreza. (Thought this was already done but upon inspection - NO) It has the 1.8, 5 speed and 72,000 miles on odo. I seen somewhere that just the timing belt would cost around $275. Thanks for the soob input.

I am going to have my timing belt, water pump, and cam seals replaced on my 95 Impreza. (Thought this was already done but upon inspection - NO) It has the 1.8, 5 speed and 72,000 miles on odo. I seen somewhere that just the timing belt would cost around $275. Thanks for the soob input.

maybe $500 - $600? That would be my guess. Cam seals are about $200...timing belt just under $300. Water pump shouldnt be to much. This is just from my experiance at a local dealer.

Now you guys have got me worried. As you can see , I have a low mileage "old Leggy". Do I really have to be thinkin about doin all that stuff?

I did ask questions before about this.

Is "age" a more important thing than "milelage" with scoobs?

I would have thought that rubber things would be the only bits to decay with time, apart from the usual rust possbilities.

Tell me the truth.Please

cheers john

all that stuff should be prety accessable, if you did the work yourself it shouldn't take you more than a day. you already have the parts. or just find a friend who's good with a wrench and needs a favor.i had a water pump go last year and the cheapest garage i could find wanted $300 to do it. i bought the pump for $70 at Advance and put it in in a day.i made up a few new swear words that day , but i got it. to me it's all about learning how to fix your own car and saving your money for other things.and the big plus...knowing its done right and that some shady mechnic didnt break something else to get you to come back. i've met enough of those guys:s