Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

There is no better way to appreciate my car than by driving another. I drove a 2005 Malibu Classic (and Classic leaves room for much debate) while traveling for business. What a gutless dog POS! OK, I know what some of you want to say, "well what do you expect, it is a rental". Well, this rental had ONLY 634 miles and no car can be beat to death in 634 miles. I have heard quiter chainsaws than the this cars fuel pump. Lack of accelaration! I think a Justy with four football players in it could beat this car off of the line. And just plain unappealing in comfort, looks and style!

I know from time to time we all have problems with our cars but by in large we are a pretty lucky group of car owners. We really have some great cars.

So in celebration of Valentine's Day let me say to my new (2 weeks old to me) 99 Legacy L sedan 2.2 5 speed, I LOVE YOU!

Doesn't it just bring a tear?

Greg

I would have to agree with that.

I have a work provided van, a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 3.9 V6 with 144k on it. I can walk off the line better than that thing can...

I had to drive my 93 for a couple of days this week as a treat to myself...

We've owned a Corsica (similar style) before and my 93, with 201k drives better than that thing could have ever dreamt to.

Boring rental cars should be our Sube's best friends... After driving them we love to come back to our Subes...

There is no better way to appreciate my car than by driving another. I drove a 2005 Malibu Classic (and Classic leaves room for much debate) while traveling for business. What a gutless dog POS! OK, I know what some of you want to say, "well what do you expect, it is a rental". Well, this rental had ONLY 634 miles and no car can be beat to death in 634 miles. I have heard quiter chainsaws than the this cars fuel pump. Lack of accelaration! I think a Justy with four football players in it could beat this car off of the line. And just plain unappealing in comfort, looks and style!

Greg

I feel your pain Greg!!

I have been on 6 business trips in a row this year.

These are the cars I have received as rentals.

Chevy Malibu 6k (Speedo quit working and dash lights flashed on/off)

Ford Escape 10k ( tranny died on me had to leave car at Hotel)

Ford Tauras 25k ( Tranny sliiping very bad)

Mazda 3 ( good car)

And 2 weeks ago

05 Legacy Outback :grin:

This make up for all the rest of the crap I have had to drive.

I'm a Heavy Diesel Fleet Technician ( a Glorified name for a Mechanic =) ) @ a Gold Mine in Alaska. I drive some very high HP rigs on test spins.. like a Cat 789 1750+ HP Dump Truck as big as a 3 story house. Its hard to say with a straight face.. But my 99' Subby Leg 2.2L has more balls than that thing.. Grant it I can't haul 155 tons.. but I can run laps around that thing while its in motion.

I've also built many Honda's b16a&b's ,b17a,b18c&c5's & last but not least h22's! I Love Hondas!

But I'm starting to fall inlove with our SUBBY! She's great.. she's just badass lil 4 dr who's always ready to go and drift around empty snowed over parking lots @ below zero temps & manage to stay warm. She's always a happy lil ride.. compared to my moody Honda's who could give a damn about drifting anywhere or being out in 20 degree weather or even warm up the cab. Bastards.

And thats my $.02!!