Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New rear axle for me!!

Qman

I have created the Subassuzu.

Subaru+Nissan+Isuzu= SUBASSUZU

What you ask? I have now installed a rear disc rear axle from a '90 Isuzu PU(Spacecab) The ratios aren't exact but close enough to work with my configuration. This worked out for many reasons. I ws able to discard the crappy Nissan rear drum brakes as well as the 2 1/2" wheelspacers from each side. Yep, 5" of wheel spacing to match the Sube. Having the flange changed in the morning and the driveline goes back in. Still have to get the shock mounts fabbed up but I knew the Nissan rear wasn't going to last and wanted to wait until a new one was installed.

Pics soon!

so you plan on boxing in the rest of that rear frame?

i know you have put lots of abuse on that setup and its worked great but maybe i am just a tad on the overbuild it side and get the creepy's when i see the back section of the spring mounts attached to the stock suby body and the front spring mounts on the nifty subframe

what with my exceptionally overactive mind i keep seeing visions of bent brat bed dancing in my head :)

• 3 weeks later...