Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thottle body sealant?

I put my faith in OEM, but if you want to go the cheap route i think some gasket maker stuff, pure silicone, that says its made to go up to like 600 degrees F, it should work, having said that, here come the torches and pitchforks!!!!!!!!!

~Josh~

I put my faith in OEM, but if you want to go the cheap route i think some gasket maker stuff, pure silicone, that says its made to go up to like 600 degrees F, it should work, having said that, here come the torches and pitchforks!!!!!!!!!

~Josh~

You misinterpreted my question. I meant what kind of sealant is needed in addition to the OEM gasket for the throttlebody? When I took the throttlebody off, it was really stuck on their like if it was superglued.

I am going to try the permatex aviation sealant in addition to the oem gasket on the throttle body and install the intake manifold gaskets dry.

Hey that aviation sealant says it is antifreeze resistant. Would it be a good idea to use the aviation sealant in addition to oem paper gaskets for the water pipe that is bolted to the intake manifold? or should I use the blue RTV sealant w/ oem gasket? I installed that gasket dry last time and ended up having a small leak a month later.