Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does XT6 pressure plate have same bolt pattern?

I was doin some searching on here and found some good info about an XT6 pressure plate fitting on an EA82 flywheel, is this true, if so found this on the net https://www.1stsubaruparts.com/partscat.html sounds like a good deal to me, anyone wanna help give me some pointers, come on, dont be shy, thats it. any stipulations i should be aware of?

~Josh~

Does the XT6 pressure plate exert more pressure?

Its a different PN along with the disc. However...both the stock RX unit and the stock XT6 unit started slipping at the same boost levels....12~13 PSI with ym setup on it...so about 180 HP is the max holding of a stock clutch setup for 4WD turbo or XT6.

Supposidly the PP is stronger on the XT6. I could not feel any difference....nor SEE anything different.

There is ONE difference between the flywheels though. The stock EA82 flywheel has a 'step' on it which can be machined down but the XT6 flywheel is still lighter. If you plan on going with a stock EA82 flywheel, you'll need to have that step machined down. Mudrat has a hookup on getting it done for about 25 bucks I think plus the flywheel gets remachined as well so nice new surfance for nice new clutch:D

weird cause I noticed the XT6 clutch wasn't fitting into an EA82 turbo flywheel when Andrew and I pulled the motor out of his turbowagon for a new clutch and new headgaskets. I asked John about it and he mentioned the step and how it needed to be machined down. Maybe I'll have to look at it again when I decide on a clutch setup for the RX...

The step needs to be machined for maximum gripping power. I had mine done at the same place mudrat gets er dun. Other than that, no issues, simple bolt up.

I can't remember what the dimensions are but I believe it was about .020 taken off to make the xt-6 pp grab.

I think Skip has some more insight on this, maybe he'll chime in.....

garner

thanks everyone, so the RX turbo and XT6 Pres. plate have aobut the same holding power and bolt pattern, my EJ22 is making the clutch slip like crazy, its cool that i have enough torque to do that, but i want all those ponies goin to the ground, so i have to have the pres. plate machined down to XT6 spec for the clutch to grab correctly, maybe ill pm john, instead of beatin around the bush. again, thank you everyone.

~Josh~