Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hello..

ahh havent been around here in awhile...things are a bit diferent with the new board, but seem good all the same. ive lurked and or posted for about a year and a half while searching for a new-used soob, but havent been in too much of a hurry since i have another vehicle to drive. i think however i may have found one. its a 92 loyale 4wd with 138000 on it. it been maintained well, and has all records. the girl that owns it, doesnt want it anymore because she thinks its just a "grocery getter" and wants to buy a showroom new honda. she owes about 900 on it and its mine for that. she just has to find a honda she likes, and then can sell it to me. i had kind of wanted to hold out for an older one with the hi/lo but cant really pass up a 92 for 900. soooo..anyone out there with a 92 loyale with any comments??

ahh tis good to be around these parts again..y'all are a bunch of helpful folks which was also another factor in looking at soobs.

cheers

Looks like the loyale is:

Is it a wagon, four door sedan?

SPFI

EA82

90Hp

either AWD, or FWD

3 speed, or 5 speed

KBB says: In best condition, with 138,000 miles, a 4 door sedan is worth $2095.

I say go for it. Even if you don't want the car, you'll definately get more than $900 out of it!

If it is the 5 speed with push button 4wd, I'd buy it. $900 is definitely a good price. Have you driven it? Does it run and drive well?

I have a 93 Loyale, exactly the same as a 92. I've owned it for 6 years, it's been fairly trouble free. A great car in my opinion. You can always put a hi/low transmission into it later. It's an easy swap.

Good luck!

I'm not particularly fond of the Loyales. The are a chopped down GL. Not as many of the cool features :( Mostly the interior package is what I disliked. I feel like I'm in an old DL when sitting in the Loyale.

On the other hand it does sound like its been maintained well and it is 4WD single range. If its not an automatic trans I say go for it. Would make a fine all season daily driver, if that is what you are looking for. I f you are l ooking for a project there are easier / cheaper subarus to start with.

Hey calebz, my 1990 Loyale Turbo came withe an AWD trans. It was a 4 speed auto. I don't know if they came in any non turbo Loyales though. Only turbo Loyale was in 1990.

I think the coolest feature that the GLs have that Loyales don't is the dual range transmission. Other than that and the black corners by the back window, I think that they are pretty much the same car.

yep, its a wagon and its a 5spd with push button 4wd..itll take a bit getting used to regarding the location of the 4wd button as my hand kept engaging it while shifting, but thats no prob. it also has a new clutch and seals...just have to find out when the timing belts were replaced. and yes, i was holding out for an 87 with dual range, but for 900 cant pass it up..

cheers